Reviews for "Wondrous Lands"

Solid 4.5 Stars by NG standards. Had a lot of fun with this one but that being said it's not without fault:

1. A couple of times loading stopped before fights and I had to reload the page. Perhaps some form of detection for this and reload attempt?

2. Could do with a few quality buttons, faster world map speed etc. I did find it just a tad slow at times.

3. Could do with more shop/inventory options. Organise shop items by price, Sell all, lock item, quality indication colours etc.

4. Got in to a wizard duel when I only had healing/silencing skills and the fight never ended so I had to reload. Could do with a forfeit button, countdown timer or perhaps mages attacking with melee when no damage spells and is alone.

5. Interrupting gameplay to tell me Vorag is trying to escape puts on pressure in a way I didn't like. I don't know if you get a gameover if you're too slow but I didn't want to find out and this put me off from exploration. You're generally better off rewarding players for playing how you want them to rather than punishing/pressuring them for not. Good talk on this subject here: watch?v=7L8vAGGitr8

6. Axes chop, they don't slash and broad curved "sabres" are very poor thrusters/piercers. Probably not an issue to anyone who isn't a HEMA enthusiast but if you are things like this are disappointing. If I was to modify the engine I'd have weapons with multiple damage types do different amounts. For example you could have Rapiers do 100% piercing but 50% slashing, sabers 100% slashing but 50% piercing for example and show the weaker percentage.

7. I wish it was longer and you earned things which could be carried over to the next game.

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for very detailed feedback!

Bugs that you've mentioned (points 1 and 4) should be fixed in the next update. We'll consider the quality of life changes as well if we'll get spare resources.
Update: I made fix and published the update.

Pretty solid game overall, it was a lot of fun. I do have a few suggestions though. slightly increasing move speed on the world map would make things feel a little less sluggish, and having some kind of incentive for replaying the game or playing on harder difficulties would be cool, maybe some unlockables? also, some kind of freeplay/post-game would be nice, it was a bit of a shame that I couldn't just keep exploring and leveling up my characters for the fun of it. Keep up the good work though, this is a gem.

Thanks for the feedback!
We'll take your suggestions into consideration.

Fantastic game! :D Love it ever so much! Had a lot of fun! Nice job!

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying our game! ^_^

Seems like a fun way to kill some weekend free time. Gotta give it some more time but it's fun to play after first couple of minutes. Well done

DLord2 responds:

Thank you! Hope your experience will be pleasant. =)

So, I really love this game! I played it yesterday and thought it was really fun. It deserves it's spot on the featured page. I think it could definitely be a top game with just a few changes:

Firstly, I don't know why retreats start at two and never regenerate. A suggestion to fix this would be to possibly not make them regenerate, but instead make it possible to get them from winning fights. I'm not sure how you would do this but maybe make it a percentage based thing, like maybe a 20% chance to get a retreat and an item when you win a battle.

Second is the fact that you can't get back to the main menu screen from the team assembling screen. I don't know if it's some kind of bug and there is a button to go back, but it just doesn't appear on the screen. I'm sure it will be fixed in a future update but if not, please do.

Lastly, it's very tedious to move around in the overworld. The movement is kind of jittery and it takes to long to go back and forth between areas. But that's just a minor thing and I can get used to it as quickly as I can complain about it, so keep that in mind.

Overall it's just about the best game I've had the pleasure of playing in the last two weeks or so. So definitely keep it up! This game has loads of potential and I'll probably keep playing it for a while! I'll gladly give it 5 stars if at least one of these propblems are fixed in the future!

-BroZilla :D

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad you enjoyed the game so far:)
Regarding your suggestions:
1. Retreats. The alternative looks interesting, but we probably won’t change it in the near future. Also try following Zoon, he may help in that regard ;-)
2. Team assembly. We’ve just added the button, so you can return to main menu from that screen now.
3. World movement. That’s true, map is pretty big. This is why all 5 areas are connected with portals. They won’t completely mitigate the issue, but should help a little.
Good luck in your future runs!