Reviews for "Wondrous Lands"

Love it. Very simple to understand, but hard to beat. I love the customization of the characters and gear which allows you to hedge your chances against enemies.

Thank you!

The world movement is very slow. But that's my only complaint about this game.

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, it's true. This is why all 5 areas are connected with portals. They won’t completely mitigate the issue, but should help a little.

I'm really liking the game. There seems to be some difficulty bumps, but then I've just dived into hardcore.

I'm sold on the graphics, the icons are simple and readable.

You lose out on the GUI for character sheets though. I think as a rule of thumb, if changing something on one sheet would change things on another sheet, then those sheets should be view-able together. It's more important to be able to see the individual character stats and spellpower when changing equipment, then being able to change the equipment of all the characters on the same sheet.

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback. Very interesting point.

i like it very much because every time you try again the word is a bit diferent and the heroes too.
But I have to say the grafics make the atmosphere childlike and "unfinishedlike" so it could be better, but i also like the simplicity....

great game

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback!

Set the difficulty to "normal", played partway through the tutorial, read this part: "...if you run out of lives, you lose the game and your save file will be deleted!". If I'm not playing "hardcore" difficulty, why punish me with perma-death? Maybe this is a generic tutorial for ALL difficulty levels, but it made me not want to invest any more time in this. Looked like a decent enough game, though!

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for the feedback!
The game was designed with permanent death in mind and it's pretty much a core feature. This is why we've added so many monsters/abilities and randomness in general. If you start the game again it won't be the same. While failures are devastating, on the other hand victories feel more rewarding as well.