Reviews for "Dragonfire: A Game of Pixels"

Pretty simple and nice game, but the Medals were not unlocking for me

snoboxstudio responds:

Thank you for letting us know!! We will look into it ASAP!

Hmmm, this wasn't bad, but it had a huge flaw. There was no sound! I tried to see if it was something wrong with my laptop and the sound worked everywhere else. It just seemed really lacking that way. I still thought the game wasn't bad. It was easy to follow.

I kept dying when I went to the ground. Was that really the end of the level? It was too short. The graphics are pretty good. It's just not recommendable.

snoboxstudio responds:

That is really odd Ericho, did you have you internet browser tab muted? We have sound for every aspect of the game :)
Also I think you should go back and read the instructions. There is a way to control your flight.

EDIT: We have heard from our programmer and it doesn't work as well in Internet Explorer browser, possibly that was the problem for the sound?

Pretty nice and engaging game, but the facts that there's no fail-safe to avoid damage over time and more often than not you get hit by catapults even at the highest altitude made achievement-hunting an excruciating experience. I had to give up from burning 100 airships in one run, because it's always the catapults and the inescapable damage over time ending my run when I'm a measly 17 airships short.

The hitboxes on the mines are pissing me off to the point the game is no longer fun. As far as I can tell, their hitbox covers only the mine itself, but extends far around it and over the entire balloon above it, and persists on screen through its entire death animation even if they're destroyed. The window to destroy a mine and not get hit is completely unreasonable and needs to be fixed.

snoboxstudio responds:

We're sorry you feel that way Lamia-Domina ... I've played the game many, many times for testing, and I never noticed that. If you use 'x' to shoot flames out in front of you, you should be able to fly straight through that area without getting hit. We will look into it though. Thank you for playing, rating and reviewing with some fairly helpful information!

The game should allow for a possibility to avoid damage. Also, adding different skills to the player character would help player's inmersion.

snoboxstudio responds:

Thank you for playing, rating and reviewing :) we appreciate the suggestions. As of right now, we will be focusing on developing Aground - so we won't be doing any updates to Dragonfire for the foreseeable future.