Reviews for "Dragonfire: A Game of Pixels"

Simple, fun, visually appealing, but definitely too simple. There's a lot of potential and you've already got some totally decent animations, effects, and ideas here.

snoboxstudio responds:

Thank you very much! We aimed to make it simple, but yes, it looks like we over-achieved our goal. There was talk between us about releasing another, more robust, version of the game if there was interest! Thank you for taking the time to play, rate and comment!! :D

POTENTIAL!!

Glad to hear it! :D

its ok

Not awful, but not very good either.

The game lacks variety, and with the huge hitbox and very limited control, it feels like you can't ever dodge the attacks. being able to move left and right, or having the dragon's hitbox be something other than its body would really help alleviate this. Right now the only feasible way to play are try and stay as low as possible, or level up your firepower to max and just stay high in the sky.

snoboxstudio responds:

Hi pwnagezorz. Thank you for playing, rating and commenting. We're sorry you found it difficult to maneuver. We wanted to keep the controls simple, but if you time it right you can dodge fairly well by flying up or down to avoid the really heavy hitters (like catapults, bombs and airships).

If we make a second version, we will definitely improve maneuverability and maybe add separate hitboxes for head, neck and tail.. Since it's a side-scroller there isn't much of an option for left and right movement but we had also talked about changing the way upgrades worked, so they weren't as limited.

Thanks again for the input.