Reviews for "Dragonfire: A Game of Pixels"

This is a lot of fun, although short. I think there's an error with the hitbox for the mines, though. My fire goes right through the balloon part, but the balloon part is able to damage me. Did you maybe get the hitboxes for causing/taking damage reversed?

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the progression system. It didn't feel like I was making a lot of progress until I realised that I had scored twice as much on my third run as I had on my second. consecutive runs after that, I was able to notice all the small improvements I was buying in between rounds. That's a tricky thing to balance properly, and I think you nailed it pretty well.

snoboxstudio responds:

Thank you for playing, rating and reviewing! We really appreciate any constructive criticism and we will definitely look into adjusting the hitboxes if we do any future versions of this game.

I'm very glad you enjoyed it for the most part!

The hitboxes on the mines are pissing me off to the point the game is no longer fun. As far as I can tell, their hitbox covers only the mine itself, but extends far around it and over the entire balloon above it, and persists on screen through its entire death animation even if they're destroyed. The window to destroy a mine and not get hit is completely unreasonable and needs to be fixed.

snoboxstudio responds:

We're sorry you feel that way Lamia-Domina ... I've played the game many, many times for testing, and I never noticed that. If you use 'x' to shoot flames out in front of you, you should be able to fly straight through that area without getting hit. We will look into it though. Thank you for playing, rating and reviewing with some fairly helpful information!

This game was very good, definetly enough for the front page, but there are too many spear throwers, the bombs are annoying because they have a too long explosion, and the music cuts out at the end.

Thank you!

Hmmm, this wasn't bad, but it had a huge flaw. There was no sound! I tried to see if it was something wrong with my laptop and the sound worked everywhere else. It just seemed really lacking that way. I still thought the game wasn't bad. It was easy to follow.

I kept dying when I went to the ground. Was that really the end of the level? It was too short. The graphics are pretty good. It's just not recommendable.

snoboxstudio responds:

That is really odd Ericho, did you have you internet browser tab muted? We have sound for every aspect of the game :)
Also I think you should go back and read the instructions. There is a way to control your flight.

EDIT: We have heard from our programmer and it doesn't work as well in Internet Explorer browser, possibly that was the problem for the sound?

Pretty simple and nice game, but the Medals were not unlocking for me

snoboxstudio responds:

Thank you for letting us know!! We will look into it ASAP!