Reviews for "Madness: Nevada Hotline"

It looked like Hank was flesh colored. How odd. The aerial shot could have maybe been better. This was still very fun. Happy Madness Day 2017! It's a pity that this wasn't submitted on the actual day.

The music was great. It was sometimes hard to use the weapons. I had trouble running and shooting. It has most of what you'd want from a Madness game. I was expecting this to have an actual hotline in it.

io3creations responds:

If I could've, I would've submitted it on Madness Day. ;)

I changed Hank's skin color for visibility reasons. Otherwise it'd be a bit harder to track him if he's the same color as the background since the characters are quite small.

:D
LOL

The game is simple and short but fun. Various weapons are fun although most of the game can be completed with just your fist, so easy the game is, too easy, the damage enemies deal should really be increased and for shooting enemies also the range. Using the fist in a way to not get damaged is tricky and fun trough. It's useful to save ammo. The problem is there never really came a moment all that saved ammo would be useful aside from one of the last levels with only ranged enemies.

When the game said: This is the moment you have been waiting for - I was expecting a cool boss fight. Instead it was just a to be continued game over scree. Very disappointing.

Some tips to improve:

- Make weapons selectable with number keys in addition to Q and E. Q and E is useful sometimes but generally it is unnecessary long and makes no sense to cycle trough pistol and machine gun to go from fists to shotgun.
- Enemies with guns need to have a bigger range to be of a serious threat. Also their damage could have been higher.
- Longer game with more varied enemies using more different weapons could be nice.

I think this game can be viewed as a nice basic engine for something better, add more variety, length, difficulty and other improvements and this could make a cool game.

It was an okay game, but not that much like Hotline Miami. Hotline Miami is harder and requires more strategy and thinking out your plan of attack, mainly since everything is a one-hit kill in that game and you can't just rush in and start shooting like crazy in it. A 2D Above-head shooter doesn't automatically mean Hotline Miami.

A for effort i guess