Reviews for "Madness: Nevada Hotline"

Pretty much wat MeGa-wise said. But I had a bit more fun.
I love the Madness "genre".

The game is simple and short but fun. Various weapons are fun although most of the game can be completed with just your fist, so easy the game is, too easy, the damage enemies deal should really be increased and for shooting enemies also the range. Using the fist in a way to not get damaged is tricky and fun trough. It's useful to save ammo. The problem is there never really came a moment all that saved ammo would be useful aside from one of the last levels with only ranged enemies.

When the game said: This is the moment you have been waiting for - I was expecting a cool boss fight. Instead it was just a to be continued game over scree. Very disappointing.

Some tips to improve:

- Make weapons selectable with number keys in addition to Q and E. Q and E is useful sometimes but generally it is unnecessary long and makes no sense to cycle trough pistol and machine gun to go from fists to shotgun.
- Enemies with guns need to have a bigger range to be of a serious threat. Also their damage could have been higher.
- Longer game with more varied enemies using more different weapons could be nice.

I think this game can be viewed as a nice basic engine for something better, add more variety, length, difficulty and other improvements and this could make a cool game.

:D
LOL

Simple visuals and the Madness theming paved the way for this to be a great game, however enemies are fairly easy to deal with and the hordes of zombies are easily vanquished by both the shotgun and the final uzi like thing. Additionally, bullets felt like they moved slow for the player even though the armored units, which I think are meant to be ATPs, feel about right for how they should act.

The thing that saddens me the most though is that ultimately most of the guns felt pointless. The shotgun and uzi are the only two worth using, since bullets seem to do fixed damage regardless of what gun fired them.

I can see this turning into a much better game with some enemy/level variety, better gun balancing, and an endless survival mode.

The game could be more exciting if the enemies were harder. Nonetheless, I had fun playing it, though you could have put more levels.