Reviews for "GRAND ADVENTURE! (STORY COMPLETE)"

Please, oh please make more games!

Emptygoddess responds:

If you want that why did you give it 2.5 stars? Haha! Thanks, though! I'm glad you liked it.

Well then.

This one surprised me. The graphics are simple. The gameplay is simple. The game itself is not. It actually took me by surprise several times, and the horror elements work surprisingly well. The overall theme and structure remind me a good deal of other games like Ouroboros, but with a different take on the premise; the first plot twist didn't surprise me, but after the third cycle I was actually a little scared. With each cycle I discovered something different, and I definitely did a double-take when I put the clues in the letters together and figured out exactly where the final secret was.

Overall it's the little details that make this game. Every bit of scenery adds to the atmosphere and communicates something. The dialogue, while minimal, is atmospheric and effective. The hand-drawn visuals are well-used. Even the preloader ties in naturally with the rest of the game and is worth playing for its own sake.

In all, this is outstanding work, and one of the games I'm going to remember from this site for a long time. Thank you.

Emptygoddess responds:

That was very nice of you to say. Thank you.

This was an all-around gem of a piece. I went into this game feeling nostalgis and a bit amused at the old-style atariness of it all, then quickly went to feeling smug, confused, creeped-out, then frustrated, back to amused when I thought I had it all figured out, then all the way back to frustrated but with a firm sense of admiration and determination to wrest all of this games secrets as the sheer depth of your planning became clear to me. I remember feeling this way while learning how to play Super Mario Bros on Nintendo nearly 30 years ago. Thank you! (I eventually got all the endings, I nearly bust out crying at work when I got the happy one at last )

Emptygoddess responds:

I'm glad you got so much out of it.

I don't know what to say...I just loved it. The art, the story (also the history of game development) It was a bit annoying to have to wait for the cinematics to end every reset...but the end was worth it.
(I did need to see a walkthrough to get the last ending :'v)

But you managed it!

Damn, I love this game. I got all the endings just because I got hooked up on this.
Out of curiosity, in what engine is it made?

Flash. Action Script 2.