Reviews for "GRAND ADVENTURE! (STORY COMPLETE)"

Congrat on finishing the game, I remember playing this wayyy back then and was very surprised by how good and well made it was: intriguing story, fluid control, pretty artwork,..etc..
Just one minor complain is the extremely slow speed of the hero (btw, I find that joke about "choose your avatar" very funny), maybe his speed should be increased after the first play through to make the game progress faster?

Anyhow, the game it's completed now, that's what matter after all these years. Thank you for making this gem of flash game ^^

Emptygoddess responds:

I find it very funny too.

I am glad you finished the game.

I must say the true ending is not all that satisfying, probably because it has no art like other endings. Really asks for an art peace of our hero holding hands with his saved princess in green forest at sunrise or some other happy thing like that.

I also appreciate that this final version has ghost boss more predictable and easier, he was unfairly unpredictable before making the battle with him too dependent on luck. And the secret passage to the orb on the armor path is also better hidden this time.

I played the incomplete version just recently before and gave it 3.5/5 now with the game finished I am giving 4/5. I am not giving more because the game still has inherent flaws, like race and sex choice being meaningless in both game-play sense and visual sense. And while I appreciate how incredibly much of story and ambiance you were able to convey with very simple graphics, the graphics are still a bit too simple for my taste.

Emptygoddess responds:

It does have an art piece! Did you miiiiiss it? (the art piece is pixel art though)

Also, the race and sex choice is a joke I find very funny, so I'm sorry you didn't like it, but whooo boy. That's my favorite part of the game.

Nice game with cool concept and atmosphere. Ran into some progress-crushing bugs (pm'ed them) gotta try some other browsers next time

Emptygoddess responds:

Sorry you bugged out. It is an old engine, AS2 i think. Whew. That's what you get when you publish a decade old game on a platform that's about to be defunct.

Here's a really cool thing I didn't see mentioned in the comments: there are TWO ways to kill the bone dragon. Either door works!

Just discovered everything the game has to offer aside from the final three pictures, and the only thing I never did was die in the final battle so....

Emptygoddess responds:

Those pictures might be glitched? I'm not sure! No one has found them so far.

I'd like to point something out. On your first release of this you mentioned "It is unfinished. It's like 95% done but the last little bits never quite came together. Programmer after programmer dropped out before it could all be quite placed how I wanted."

I think it's unkind that you did not give credit to the other programmers who worked on this. That is very unprofessional.

Emptygoddess responds:

They were unprofessional for bailing!

That said... most of them i don't have contact info for. And none of them respond to me when I try, like honestly.