Reviews for "Lionboar"

Well Done.
The music in the background subconsciously was tapping into my feels.
Overall the story was good, but it would have been better if you showed how the lion came to that place.
But the title was a poor choice, as to that is what I felt.
Maybe you had something in mind in Spanish. I don't know.
But I definitely liked it.
Good Job on the animation.

Thanks Merwin.

I agree about the story. This is just a piece from a bigger story I wanted to animate as a test, and forgot that there was a lot not being explained. Tried coming up with some intros that made it longer and slower, so I decided only to finish it because it had taken too many years of my time in production.
The name Lionboar and Jabaleon in spanish is because, I know I never explain it here, both animals are actually the same.
Thanks for your time.

Wow, talented! The art style reminds me of the classic Disney films (Lion King?). I'd struggle to draw a single frame of that, to be honest. Did you use some 3D modelling in parts, with the fly-along across the corridor?

Atzu responds:

Yes, we used some 3d sets. First I thought about using camera mapping, but we ended up working with planar projections for most of the geometry.
You may download pdf about how we did it here https://lionboar.wordpress.com/the-book/, and go to page 294. It's in spanish, but hopefully some of the pictures will make sense and give you an idea about how we solved some of the shots.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
I hope to see this continued soon.

Thanks!
I hope to see it continued and all the story finished too : p

Glued to my screen! Team did an amazing job with this story, the pacing was well thought out and the use of various interesting camera angles only complimented the fluid animation and effects even more. Also great work with the soundtracks to heighten the build up and tension. Insane work guys!

Glad you enjoyed it!

These animations are incredible, and the music is nicely scored. Well done.

Thanks!
I agree, Brian Sadler did great. The chase is my favorite part.