Reviews for "Nites Episode V - By Starlight"

Hey, great job ;)

Thanks Chris, great job on your part as well :D

Great job mate.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

Beautiful, every episode you just improve tenfold, amazing dude. The colouring of the backgrounds are so nice on the eyes, they blend so well with the simplistic yet full of charm character designs, and ofcourse props to the sound designer too to bring this all together. Always a great watch.

Thanks Blordow! Love your stuff too! :D

Really nice animation and story! Those backgrounds... hmmm good shit

Great to see this is still going. havent seen any since episode 3, and im glad to see that the animation quality has improved VASTLY. almost every animation is very well done, very fluid, and none look awkward. the only one i could find issue with was the tree shadow while the main NIte was lying down, it seems to just be a simple 2 frame animation of the shadow shifting from 1 spot to another. granted, its a small thing so not really important, but you may want to stick to at least 5 unique frames, to avoid it looking like the image is simply "jumping" from place to place.

sound and music choices as well as application were very well done as well, and this time i actually understand whats going on, and even understood before i could read the scroll, so kudos on properly conveying a story without words.

overall, im quite happy to see that you have stuck with it, and in only a few instances youve jumped massively in the quality of your work. i think ill follow you and see what comes next. ill also have to check here more often now, as i seem to be selected every month now for the monthly "best of's" and believe there might be something actually worth seeing here on NG again.

honestly, this far outdoes 90% of the meme spouting copy/paste "my version of this character from this game/show" garbage that has infested this site for the past 6 or so years. you have revived my hope that there are non cancerous creators still uploading to NG.

Extellus responds:

You're absolutely right about the shadow animation but I actually animated that last and the project was taking way longer than it should have so it was either a 3 frame animation or me losing my mind haha - But I'll definitely work on that

And yeah, definitely do stick with Newgrounds, some big animation guys upload here from time to time and I probably wouldn't be making animations if it wasn't for Newgrounds :)