Reviews for "Europa: Alptraum: Kapitel 1"

O/5 can't say no in the beginning
of the game.

Pretty limited, but seems a solid start. But really not a game at this point, more a short story with pictures.

The story is interesting but there isn't much of it and I am REALLY not sure why you chose to use Unity; it really seems like overkill for something like this. I was expecting there to be an action, or at least interactive, sequence, rather than there being two (really only one) "choose an option to move on" points.

I hope the size is for music (which... honestly ... I didn't even listen to) and it can be reused because otherwise by the time you've got something resembling a full story it will be monstrous in size.

Herr EU is a little cartoonishly villainous which makes me wonder: is the Mayor in on it, or just really really stupid? Kind of disappointing that we don't get to find out.

Would have appreciated the game not moving on from the initial quote on its own. I speak nur ein bischen Deutsch, so hadn't finished interpreting it by the time it went away, which is the exact opposite of the problem I have with most text-based stuff (in English).

I did appreciate "childhood friend *girl*" as a good compromise for the lack of gendered nouns in English, but might suggest "childhood female friend" or more colloquially "the girl next door".

Why did you not translate "Mother" and "Father"? It was a little puzzling that all the text except that was in English.

I personally prefer that a game either have nudity or not, not try to straddle the line with censorship. Did we really need to see her pixelated genitals?

In short: interesting story but not enough of it and please lose the censorship.

Snake-Studios responds:

Wir denken selten an das was wir haben,
aber immer an das was uns fehlt.

We rarely think about what we have,
but always about what we are missing.

This is the main point of chapter 1 basically (and a part of the explanation why that is the case will be in the next release)

Also, thank you a lot for your suggestions!

Not a game. Just an "interactive" story.
And i said "interactive" cause im in a good mood, you just have some few choices to click.

Not my kind of stuff, sorry.

Why in the holy fuck did she start bleeding? It's gross. The other problems don't really matter, that shit is just disgusting.