Reviews for "Save To Kill"

Making the tutorial smaller is critical to this games survival

Please get rid of the tutorial and just add a help option on startup to read about the mechanics.

Forced tutorials don't make a good game. Infact they can ruin great one's.

Though by the time I finished the tutorial I wasn't irritated about it anymore and enjoyed the game.

Please keep in mind I am real patient. 80% of the people won't go past the tutorial and its a damn shame.

Keep working on games but learn from this experience.

All and all I liked the game but please fix the tutorial section.
Thanks.

-Warmest Reguards
Timeattack

A note on your controls: Ctrl+w closes the tab in chrome, and per the threads I'm finding looking for a way to disable it on other browsers as well. Do not map functions to ctrl if you're mapping controls to wasd.

decafpanda responds:

This has been fixed!! Sorry for any inconvenience to Chrome players! In all of my testing in Chrome I must have never had the W button down while I used the Ultimate Attack.

Thanks for playing and the review.

Great game and all but it doesn't save my progress

I like a Bullet Hell game as much as the next guy but this game has a few flaws that just take all the fun out of it.

First: The weird helicopter things that shoot the laser beams across the screen--be it side to side or top to bottom, they are nearly indestructible (gave one them six level 10 sword strikes and it STILL wasn't destroyed) unless you use your special OR have the attack power up, having SIX of them on screen at once--like in Machine City--two on either side and two at the top of the screen while those red and green glowing energy bombs are going off makes it impossible to dodge or even defend yourself with your sword or dash since it drains so fast.

Second: Having your sword and dash drain your special energy bar and you can ONLY refill it by getting the S power ups is bullshit considering how many projectiles can be on the screen at once, epically in the later levels.

Third: Getting hit is a given in a bullet hell game but normally the hit area is very small, giving you a better chance to not take damage and you can dodge, there is always a small "safe spot" or two that you can use but making it so you CAN'T dodge and your entire body is a the hit area...

Like I said, that takes ALL the fun out of game like this.

decafpanda responds:

You know that your sword can destroy bullets, right ? Also saying you can only regain special by collecting power ups is FALSE. there is an entire upgrade for it that you can invest in called "special regain" Guess what it does? :)

The horizontal helicopters make a "ching" sound when you hit them to let you know they are armored and should be dodged instead of being detroyed. The vertical helicopters have high HP but can be destroyed will a little effort and also grant high tier coins

Sorry some of these things did not resonate with you.

Take a look at the youtube link in the author's comments, it will give you an idea of how you can wreck the battlefield if you understand the game mechanics.

Thx for the play!