Reviews for "Death By Ninja"

After trying this game about... I want to say thirty times, the highest rank I could get to was 'Priest'. I'm finding a few flaws in the game overall that are kind of annoying.

- Sometimes, projectiles will come at me at exactly the same time from two, sometimes three different angles, and I will only have time to swipe away one or two.
- Things like the arrows will fly from the sides and go through my sword, despite making the sound of them connecting which should reflect them back. This goes the same for some ninjas as well; red ninjas less so, but green ninjas will sprint towards me and, while they're bleeding out, they manage to kill me a couple of frames later. A differing sound effect for slicing projectiles and ninjas would do away with a lot of that confusion.
- There is no indication of special move charge level. As far as I'm aware, you get a special power to use after a 10-hit combo, and an upgraded version at 20 hits. If there's anything above that, I don't know because I die before I get the chance to use it, or I swipe at the air and frustratingly lose my entire combo (and my stored special move). Differently colored particles would be a nice touch if there are more than two levels of special ability.
- A volume slider for the voice alone would be appreciated. After hearing "You've been condemned to death by ninja" for the tenth time, it gets a little annoying... but at the same time, I like having the sounds of my sword connecting with things to get more than a visual representation that I'm doing well, so having SFX muted can be counter-intuitive.

All in all, it's okay, but nothing I'd go out of my way to play... or pay for.

This is very good game indeed. Shogun is max for me so far...

The arrows out of nowhere are definitely the hardest part of this game. They come so fast that if i blink they're already at me and since they aren't shot from any enemies its impossible to know when or where they come from.

Overall great game, art is good, music is nice, the voices are funny and the controls are tight.

I've found this such a relaxing game that I've thoroughly enjoyed over the last almost two months. The simple reflex fingers is quite entertaining and affords me a certain zen. Just achieved the rank of Ronin at 3:05 and felt really awesome for doing so.

Here's a few ideas to expand the game:

Special Moves (replaces darts):
- Spike Strip; lock down a single path for a longer time, kills enemies that walk across it
- Slow Time; enemies and attacks made by enemies move more slowly for a short time
- Clone; summon a clone that attacks in the opposite direction of you for a short time

Enemies:
- Split-Ninja; Runs around and throws ninja stars like Blue Ninjas, but if they die they split into two regular ninjas
- Lane-Jump Ninja; this ninja jumps to an adjacent lane if it would be hit by a ranged attack. Can only be taken out by a sword slash
- Rage-Ninja; other ninjas near this ninja move faster than normal

i played the first version, i liked it but it had some issues, anyway as it was said in the description, it was made in a weekend, that's 2 days, so it was kinda fair, now i see the game updatedand many errors like the arrows coming from nowhere at supersonic speed, or the randomness at the foes moves are solved, now the arrows are a bit slower wich give you a chance to deny it and the movement of the enemys are now not fully random, besides, we have more content now, like more maps (depending on the map you are, the enemy strategy will be slightly different due to some objects on them) a scoreboard and even a movile version, basically, this is much better, a lot more enjoyable and definitely, a 5 stars game, good job