Reviews for "'DinoMelt'"

Great Game, its so funny, i really like the art, animation, sounds and gameplay, the map is interesting and have so many Shortcuts, the NPC are Charismatic, Good job i hope see the Pc version of this game :)

Butzbo responds:

Thanks! It's great that you mention the NPCs, those were thought of as a way to have little 'sidequests' in the final stages of development, and it's good to know they added some more to enrich game's story :).
Also, a potential upgrade of this game (for other platforms, PC being the most accesible) is being considered!

Awesome stylish funny game with good level design, difficulty and all. Must be added to favorites!

Great game! It took me 2 hours 45 mins to complete and i got 63% collected. I just know that crying baby bird had something to do with another place to unlock but couldn't figure out what. The controls were very good too, I used my Super Nintendo usb controller to play and the buttons and joypad worked perfectly! I also liked how as you went farther the dino got new moves like the melt and the wings. They really lent to going back to previous areas and reaching clay balls and goodies you didn't know were there. I was literally squishing him flat all over randomly just to check i didn't miss any of those hidden walls and tunnels haha. The other thing that was just amazing to me was the sheer level of details taken to animations in the game. Literally everything moves and reacts to touch from the dino. And there is a lot of care taken into the stuff people don't notice right away like the floating dust in the air and the goop in the clay puddles and the bugs that scale walls. I liked all the Boss fights and I was actually GLAD to have them be hard like old-school games were. No beating a boss on the first shot! The last boss was my favorite because once you got his attacks down you could squish, jump and wing jump just to avoid everything. The only issue I encountered was when you talk to the frog buddy and he sells you new ability for clay balls the select arrow would not go left or right when using the joypad I had to select them with the keyboard. Overall a professional game that look like it came from an established indie studio and you realize....HOLY MOLY this whole thing was drawn, animated and programmed by ONE MAN?!? That's a huge achievement dude, congrats!

Butzbo responds:

Great to know you could go through the whole game, and also that you mentioned those animation details! (maybe the stuff animators notice, heheh!). I did get help with the music, though, which was fundamental for the ambientation ;)

Hmm, that shop selection issue could be related to alternative gamepads, at least you were able to get around it, but I'll be looking that up!

Thanks a lot Comick!!

I spent over four hours playing this game and managed to finish it after no less than twenty tries at the final boss / run combo with a 92% completion - but, to be fair, I'm not very good at platformers so that definitely made it more difficult for me than it is for other players who beat it in 2-3 hours. I nearly gave up, if I'm honest, because it was SO frustrating to find that not only was there not a save point after the boss - but even if I managed to beat the boss losing only one or two hit points and still had say four health left, all that would be TAKEN from me after defeating the boss so that regardless of what I did I'd only have one remaining. I think the dash function is very necessary for the final run but as far as upgrading health, there isn't a ton of point, as you can definitely beat the boss with four health (or five if you complete one of the quests and get the extra health) and should save your orbs for whatever mechanic you're gonna use more with your style of play (the dash or the faster charging speed for the super attack). I literally just made an account so I could comment, though, and overall the game was very enjoyable. Art was amazing, music was good, controls worked well, jump mechanic was well executed for a platformer and I loved the names for all the characters and the whole world you created. Can't wait to see where you go with this next!

Thanks for playing!!
The last battle was meant to be a though 'endurance round' as a throwback to long end-levels in 90s games; but while it was tested, it seems to be on the harder end of the spectrum. We'll be checking that one out for upcoming versions, as it seems to be way more frustrating than expected.

Thanks a lot for sharing your impressions, we're pondering the upcoming possibilities for this game so feedback is key for this stage :).

i have 100% complete the game,just one question,how do i save the little bugs while escaping the cave?