Reviews for "Vac Jump"

i like the game, the idea and the use of medals and upgrades

it just feels bad moving the character :/

Pretty simple but nice game, please change the controls though. Or allow us to change them ingame.

radddbro responds:

I've made the player faster so the control should be better now. Let me know what you think and thanks for your feedback!

The controls could be a little less touchy, but besides that, this is a decent little game.

A fun challenging game....once you get past the initial grind. I'm not going to start over to see how big of an improvement it is that you no longer lose your gold when hitting the red platforms, but I'm pretty sure it's a huge improvement as the game doesn't really open up until you have your upgrades and grinding for the upgrades pre-update was a chore.

I think you should put the requirements for the different suits (I'm assuming it's based on certain number of crushed enemies?). I did feel dirty using the ghost skin but that also leads to disappointment in the other skins. The ghost skin is literally hax (and the first one I purchased), but going from that to the other skins felt like a major downgrade.

And that leads to my final observation on the hedge fund medal. In my run of ~458,000 I accumulated ~7,000 gold. To get to a million, I would have to repeat that ~142 times. While doable it would take a lot of time compared to the pick-up-and-play type gameplay. I was hoping one of the other suits would increase the amount of gold gained (keep in mind, as far as I got, the most gold per platform I got was +5 going up, +15 going down with the occasional safe +100 and crushing some bad guys at +20 and +50 from what I saw).

We don't really deserve to get zero coins just because we've hit one red platform. Instead you should just award whatever the max coins earned on that run, upon death, with the red platforms resetting the combo (but not resetting your max)

Also this doesn't feel very responsive. I realize he's supposed to be in space but it just feels like the controls fight with the player too much. Especially when the platforms come at opposite ends of the screen, you get ridiculous momentum, which makes it near-impossible to then go back again to the opposite side (if needed) so your combo tends to end there. Say if the platforms go leftmost, rightmost, leftmost for example.

Also unless there's an easier way to grind for gold, or if it awards more gold the higher up you get, all the prices are ridiculous 100% grind. And the million gold achievement? You really thought that was reasonable?

Granted you could be doing amazing and have some large gold combo but then oops you touch one red platform (probably because the controls are fighting with you again) too bad so sad you only get 0 gold.

This game idea has been done before. I can't say the other game that comes to mind is better (it's not) but this idea isn't new. (Astro Jump: Jim in Space as one example) I will leave it up to the readers to compare the two games and see how similar they are but it's a point to be made.

radddbro responds:

Yes more gold is awarded the higher you get. The last upgrade improves the control problem you mention but I didn't realize the early game would be difficult for most people.
Thanks for your input! I will try to improve the gameplay