Reviews for "MIDNIGHT"

Played multiple times and every time i got a black screen in different places. This last time i had found all the matches, 1 letter left, and just walked into the basement when nothing. The whole screen was black except for #of matches and letters.
Played on both Chrome and Firefox

CjElliott responds:

Sorry to hear that, trying to fix this black screen bug but can not reproduce it on my end so can't find the issue causing it.

Will have an update to fix this as soon as I find the cause.

It took me an hour to beat it but i did it. The light was verry well done. simple and practical.
I am glad that i played it.

CjElliott responds:

That is awesome, never seen someone play one of my games so its a first for me, really thanks for doing this and I am glad you liked the game.

Noticed this was actually recorded on the previous build where their is a bug causing the Midnight Man to not make noise, really sorry about that, probably made the game a lot harder, it is fixed in the current version.

Also not sure if you realized but the fog shown after the freezer room is a bug caused by you picking it up last D: Sorry about that and the other bug that you encountered where it crashed, will have them fixed tomorrow hopefully :)

Update - Should be fixed now.

I just got a failed to load image error after i tried to open the door to the room with sloth in it. i just started up the game but i did get the key for that room so not sure if its something to do with timing or just a random glitch. (thought you would like to know)

But besides that this game is fairly good :D I like the idea of a dark room that you cant navigate without the light as well as using the sound to your advantage. The matches are a cool touch and makes me think of a similar function in Amnesia.The character and backgrounds are made pretty well so points to you for a pretty awesome game.

Of course i have a few nitpicks here and there such as the matches and other items throughout the game are a bit too small to be noticed. (Honestly i hadn't realized there were matches or keys until my 3rd or 4th run of the game) Although i enjoy the use of the darkness to help emphasize the creepy factor it makes it a bit too difficult for navigating, Especially on the first floor where the rooms can go from little corridors to huge empty rooms. This made it difficult to notice other rooms that were hidden by the darkness. Maybe add a map,hints or even sounds coming from some rooms or at least the rooms that have important items in them. The sound does seem a bit soft or just not as noticeable as it should be i have played with headphones. I didn't notice most of the sound cues but then again i could have had my volume down too low.

Like i said those were just some nitpicks from myself after a few plays this game is still really good and i will defiantly recommend it to others as well as play it a ton more times.

it´s a amazing game, i like the sound and grafics

i am using chrome where are my achievements?

CjElliott responds:

Did you allow the newgrounds.io pop-up at the start of the game and grant access for the game to give medals?

If you did grant access then this is a minor bug, seriously zero stars for that...

Update- New update makes it easier to allow newgrounds.io to grant medals, hopefully this fixes any issues you are having.