Reviews for "Newgrounds Sim 2017 (beta V0.1.9)"

Decent

So this was a decent game you have here it reminded me of the old newground stuff from back in the day but overall it was fun the "MUSIC" was great and overall this was a fun game you have here, I think some more fancy and flashier effects would help and improve on this including more interactivity options, anyways decent game.

~~THINGS TO IMPROVE ON~~

~X~

good game but I think it would be better with options to buy upgrades

It is nice, not as faithful of a remake I was expecting. Just think the features from the original return (other than the new posting system, that is way better than the original) such as amazon, intelligence, and coolpoints.

So is this a dead game or what?

ninjamuffin99 responds:

I've been really busy with a lot of other projects. I don't want to say it's dead, but at this point I might just remake it from scratch instead of update this one. When I was making it I took a lot of shortcuts that just make it really hard to work with the code now. But I DO plan on revisiting this is some way or another. Could be updates or could be a new game.

I definitely appreciate the effort, but there's quite a few issues. Some things behind the scenes, but I feel the biggest problem is the graphics and general lack of animation. Then there's the BBS posts which overcomplicate the animation a bit.

Part of the appeal of NG Sim was the simplicity of it while keeping the graphical environment realistic enough and pleasant.

This isn't a flash game, I don't think. So I don't know how much flexibility you have. I would probably recommend designing the graphics a bit more realistic.

I once made a Windows 98 environment in Flash, all done by hand. There's definitely an ability to create visually appealing graphics that would be suitable for this game.

ninjamuffin99 responds:

The art definitely needs an overhaul. Thanks for the review!