Reviews for "Why Basic Income?"

Thank you for this informative video, basic income is the future, that or a complete revamp of society.

Nice video. But I think it's still too early for such a thing.

adamanimates responds:

What's funny is that one of US Founding Fathers, Thomas Paine, was advocating for basic income in 1791.

I'm partial to like this video because I'm on a socialist kick these days, but this is a good intro to basic income. Although, if I do have to critique the video itself, I would have liked more specific examples of the benefits of basic income and counterarguments to the "humans are lazy" theory. How do the different forms of basic income work around the world? What can and can't the previously homeless man afford with basic income? I appreciate the additional resources in the author comments, but it's a fault to not have mentioned inflation and basic income

tldr; more examples and info in the actual video, please! Thank you

adamanimates responds:

It was originally much longer, but I decided it was more valuable as a shorter intro to the idea, and then people can branch off into the articles linked if they'd like more info. You're right that inflation is a major concern, but it's hard to get into all the economic arguments in a few sentences. If I had to sum it up in the video, I might have said that there's no evidence for people's fears. Most BI proposals aren't creating new money, they are distributing it via extra taxes on capital. I would argue that the increased economic activity from people finally being able to meet their needs would lead to more competition, and prices would stay similar.

Great video!!