Reviews for "Asterash"

Funsies

Cool game!
Simple and smooth gameplay
The music also fits perfectly

Thank you!

Good game at first difficulty increases quickly, but the feeling that gives you the skills and ability to shoot constantly is very sactifactoria, plus it is addictive to the very good guys + 10papu

Thanks for playing!

This is very close to an amazing game. Some detractions:

Why is the power-up "R" called missiles? When there is a power-up "M" for machine gun? Unnecessarily confusing. Especially since one is the best weapon in the game, and the other, the absolute worst. Not really balanced there.

Obvious bug: if power-up X drops, and I don't pick it up before another same power-up X drops, the second one doesn't increment / upgrade the weapon.

Annoying feature: the 'current song' pop-up is super distracting, given the intensity of the game and one-hit deaths.

What is the point of the impenetrable super-shield foes? Or the random epileptic screen flashes?

Also you will forever annoy every medal collector with that "be the top of the all-time leaderboard" medal. That would have made more sense with a 'top of the week' or something like that. The way it's set up is first-come, first-serve. Kind of frustrating. Maybe that's the point.

Good bullet hell upgrade top-scroll shooter.

MonoFlauta responds:

Hello! First of all thanks for playing the game!
About the power up icon, maybe the best would had been to call them Rockets instead of missiles and I can agree with you about that. About the balance, I know it is not perfect, but is it possible you didn't max the missile weapon? It is more difficult to get it to the max but will destroy a lot more than the machien gun, meanwhile the machine gun is really useful to get some quick points and in the early phase of the game. Anyway, I can be wrong! :)
About the obvious bug, you had two power ups in the screen at the same time? What did exactly happen? Can you pm me so I can track it down and fix it?
The current song only pop ups at the start of the game, we though it wouldn't distract that much. Maybe adding an option to disable it would be a good idea. Thanks for pointing it out.
For the shield, it makes you focus on one ship wich also makes you move around, at least that was the goal for that enemy. And about the flashes, if you are having many enemies and didn't make a quick plan, it can make you difficult to survive (as the asteroids and the gas clouds). Or at least that was the plan.
And for the medal, well, we wanted to make it a really special medal, we hope they understand and try to get it!
Other than that, thanks for the complete review! Glad you like it and I promise you that will be check every thing you pointed out for an upcoming update.

EDIT - I now got all of the medals like a year later besides the one where you have to get the top score ever.

Grrr... this game makes me so angry! I keep dying right when I think I'm getting better at it. I got most of the medals, but I'm not sure if I have the patients to keep going. The artwork is awesome, but with the background, vibrations of the ships, and other things going on my eyes get crossed and I have a hard time telling what's an incoming enemy projectile of death or if it's something else. Oh well, it really looks great and plays amazing. This is the type of shooting game we need for PYROSCAPE 4! (I swear to god I'm working on it this week and I'll talk to you about it in a little bit on facebook)

Is there some cheats or hints you can throw my way so I can get the rest of the medals? There's no way that I can survive two minutes in this game.

MonoFlauta responds:

Thanks for playing! About the messy screen (with all the shakes and stuff coming to you). Yes, maybe we went a bit too far in feedback haha. But well, I guess it ended up well! First place of the day finally haha.
About the medals, sorry, but we wanted this game to be the dark souls of Newgrounds! haha.
Thanks a lot for playing and looking foward to do Pyroscape 4!