Reviews for "Asterash"

This is very close to an amazing game. Some detractions:

Why is the power-up "R" called missiles? When there is a power-up "M" for machine gun? Unnecessarily confusing. Especially since one is the best weapon in the game, and the other, the absolute worst. Not really balanced there.

Obvious bug: if power-up X drops, and I don't pick it up before another same power-up X drops, the second one doesn't increment / upgrade the weapon.

Annoying feature: the 'current song' pop-up is super distracting, given the intensity of the game and one-hit deaths.

What is the point of the impenetrable super-shield foes? Or the random epileptic screen flashes?

Also you will forever annoy every medal collector with that "be the top of the all-time leaderboard" medal. That would have made more sense with a 'top of the week' or something like that. The way it's set up is first-come, first-serve. Kind of frustrating. Maybe that's the point.

Good bullet hell upgrade top-scroll shooter.

MonoFlauta responds:

Hello! First of all thanks for playing the game!
About the power up icon, maybe the best would had been to call them Rockets instead of missiles and I can agree with you about that. About the balance, I know it is not perfect, but is it possible you didn't max the missile weapon? It is more difficult to get it to the max but will destroy a lot more than the machien gun, meanwhile the machine gun is really useful to get some quick points and in the early phase of the game. Anyway, I can be wrong! :)
About the obvious bug, you had two power ups in the screen at the same time? What did exactly happen? Can you pm me so I can track it down and fix it?
The current song only pop ups at the start of the game, we though it wouldn't distract that much. Maybe adding an option to disable it would be a good idea. Thanks for pointing it out.
For the shield, it makes you focus on one ship wich also makes you move around, at least that was the goal for that enemy. And about the flashes, if you are having many enemies and didn't make a quick plan, it can make you difficult to survive (as the asteroids and the gas clouds). Or at least that was the plan.
And for the medal, well, we wanted to make it a really special medal, we hope they understand and try to get it!
Other than that, thanks for the complete review! Glad you like it and I promise you that will be check every thing you pointed out for an upcoming update.

I really like this game its fun not to hard and it reminds me of space invaders

MonoFlauta responds:

Thanks for playing! And yes, we aimed it to have an arcade style and keeping the bullet hell concept. Glad you like it!

Really fun game with great variety. I found myself enjoying it for quite a while.

One thing that stood out for me was the recoil when you get a powerful weapon pickup. It was a nice little touch. The sound of an enemy ship exploding mixed with the recoil of your shots felt really good. Also, the music went along great with the overall art style of the game.

MonoFlauta responds:

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Glad you enjoy it! :)

This game seemed to go too fast for me. I was annoyed by how just one shot took me out. Shouldn't I have multiple lives? It's too easy to die! Well, it was challenging at least. The music was nice too.

I liked how there were always new weapons. The machine gun is the best. Most of the medals are pretty easy at first. I guess the design is pretty good. It's not that special, but I would recommend this.

MonoFlauta responds:

Thanks for your review! And yes, we wanted to make it a big challenge because the highscore thing. Maybe the curve of difficulty should be lowered.
Anyway, thanks for recommending this :)

Nice game, maybe a bit hard. It reminds me of the arcade games: very skillful, and often ending quickly.

MonoFlauta responds:

Thanks! We wanted to achieve that feel :)