Reviews for "I AM PRESIDENT"

The game is beaten in the following way:
1) mild punishments, a lot of food, normal control, normal laws
2) invest almost exclusively in security and infrastructure
3) when every stat maxed to 100%, no crime, no fear, budget cannot be assigned, keep the settings in 2)
4) every UFO attack reduce temporarily to normal food and spend most in infrastructure
3) after the second assassination attempt increase control.

Popularity and happiness will slowly grow by themselves with the above strategy.
Fear appears with hard laws or punishments, but those 1-5% are tolerable in the first couple of years for reducing crime.

My review to the author: the game is overly simple but still quite interesting. Would be more captivating if there were more events, more stats to control (e.g. foreign relations, education, research) and if the quarters could be skipped by assigning a default budget strategy (automatically applying the budget as previously applied). Have a look at the game "Rebuild 2" (zombie game), I spent countless hours in this kind of game due to how detailed the stats are and how well it continued to a new game after the game itself ended.

Well... if it isn't another Trump parody. Well actually not really... this is a very simplified game about ruling the state, similar to Democracy 3 for example, but really really dumbed down. The pixel art was relatively nice the random events were good(although the alien attack one seemed a bit out of place)... and well the game really doesn't have much to offer in terms of what you can do. It also seems that playing as a dictatorship is much easier... now I'm not saying it wouldn't be in real life, and that other games also have that... but I think this game makes it much harder to play otherwise... very few options, limited interactions and a few random events that's about it. At least it has an achievements system and a scoreboard so that's nice. I made a let's play of it right here: https://youtu.be/R3ba25fkPuQ . My overall feeling is kind of... "eeeh" but still it was some fun so keep making better game.

Blobzone responds:

Nice video, i had fun watching it :)

Yeah, the game is kind of basic. Was more an experiment. Had some issues balancing all the stats and yes there really could have been more events.

Thanks for playing.

I played through it once, it was fun.
I can't get past the first term in all my other games because my guy keeps randomly dying of heart attacks. Is there a hidden stat that increases the chance of a heart attack? I can't play even play it anymore. Would probably be a 4.5/5, but it's unplayable thanks to random heart attacks. Am I just really unlucky?

Blobzone responds:

When you are too unpopular and people are unhappy you will die of an "heart attack" :)

Is there any way to get more then 11 real re-elections? I can get there by setting law and punishment to mild, food to lots for the whole game and control to lots till crime hits zero, then put it to no control. I get security to 25 as soon as possible to prevent assassination (any higher at this point risk riots). Then I max infrastructure. After I reach max infrastructure my popularity and happiness sky rocket so I just keep up Infrastructure while building security. As long as I don't get shot I can get 11 real re-elections but that is it. Does anyone have advice for getting re-elected again?

Awesome game. I loved being an evil dictator. For anyone looking for tips on how to play, go the evil dictator route. Give your people rations and have inhumane everything in order to spend all of your money on security and infrastructure. After you get both of them up to 100%, keep them there and start powering up your happiness. It's a super effective strategy that allowed me to play for at least 20 minutes straight. After you get up to at least 60% fear, don't forget to set your re-elections to fake!