Reviews for "I AM PRESIDENT"

Awesome game. I loved being an evil dictator. For anyone looking for tips on how to play, go the evil dictator route. Give your people rations and have inhumane everything in order to spend all of your money on security and infrastructure. After you get both of them up to 100%, keep them there and start powering up your happiness. It's a super effective strategy that allowed me to play for at least 20 minutes straight. After you get up to at least 60% fear, don't forget to set your re-elections to fake!

Is there any way to get more then 11 real re-elections? I can get there by setting law and punishment to mild, food to lots for the whole game and control to lots till crime hits zero, then put it to no control. I get security to 25 as soon as possible to prevent assassination (any higher at this point risk riots). Then I max infrastructure. After I reach max infrastructure my popularity and happiness sky rocket so I just keep up Infrastructure while building security. As long as I don't get shot I can get 11 real re-elections but that is it. Does anyone have advice for getting re-elected again?

I played through it once, it was fun.
I can't get past the first term in all my other games because my guy keeps randomly dying of heart attacks. Is there a hidden stat that increases the chance of a heart attack? I can't play even play it anymore. Would probably be a 4.5/5, but it's unplayable thanks to random heart attacks. Am I just really unlucky?

Blobzone responds:

When you are too unpopular and people are unhappy you will die of an "heart attack" :)

I died of a heart attack. 72 years 3 quarters.
Total control, inhuman laws, inhuman punishment, no food.
0% Popularity, 0% Infrastructure, 100% Security, 0% Happiness. 100% Fear, 0% Crime.
2 Alien Attacks, 9 Assassination Attempts (2 attempted bombings, 7 Gunman)

(I started to wonder if I had broke the game. My security never dropped below 99%, even though I was putting all my points towards popularity. LOL)

I've never tried to be a dictator before in any game, but I wondered how far I could take it.

Blobzone responds:

Maybe you should quit whatever you are doing now and become a dictator instead? Seems like its in your blood :3

Pretty easy game. Start by setting hard punishments and hard laws, with normal food, no control, and free elections. Sort-of like how our founding fathers started things.
For stats, maintain everything but gradually push infrastructure up by the maintain points, plus 5 more each turn to get it to 100. Then continue maintaining, with focus on happiness. Then popularity, then security. Do it right, and you'll have 100 on all stats, and run an excess of budget every turn. I'm running on my 25th year now, and wondering if there's an end.