Reviews for "Beat your score"

I am pretty impressed at how creative this game is. I was in no way expecting that. You literally beat your score. Then again, it did get monotonous. I can at least appreciate the creativity. The animation is quite nice.

The sound effects are good. There just isn't that much variety. Still, it's fine for a quick play. The medals are harder than I thought. Well, I need to learn more combos. It reminded me of animation from SuperNews.

elpepiii responds:

Thank you very much for the review!

He has nice hair and glasses, but his moves are limited. The music isn't too bad. Overall not to shabby.

P.S. This game will make you hate the number 4.

haha, you are right!
Thanks!

It's a pretty good game, but you have to run away a lot because if you throw punches at the sametime your the one who takes damage not your enemy. I feel like you should both get hit from it or they nullify each other.

elpepiii responds:

Yeah, this game relies a lot on the dodging and attacking enemies from behind.
Thanks for playing.

your concept is great the controls are simple but the play thru is boring. you've got to work on what makes the game sparkle. keep at it!

elpepiii responds:

You are right. Thanks for playing

The hotboxes really do make this almost impossible to enjoy. The reason I bring it up is because good hitboxes are pretty much ESSENTIAL to a fighter, and bad ones can kill it quick. Sure, it's doable, but it gets progressively worse given how enemies can hit you at just the right pace to stun-lock you starting from the very first hit. I nearly lost a life at a score of 4 because as soon as I got hit, I couldn't react in any way until I lost nearly my entire health bar! The special is barely of any use, either, as the range can feel lacking and it costs health every time; so I can't rely on it saving me if I'm getting stun-locked by 3 or 4 at a time, and don't have the extra health to risk simply getting stuck in yet another stun-lock immediately afterward! The roll is very static, so you have to do the math in your head where you land, or else you'll just roll up to the enemy's melee range and get smacked over and over anyway; it doesn't help that the roll honestly doesn't take you very far, so you're not going to be getting any good backhits all that often. And if you're up against an 8, or a 9, just forget it; they're so quick, they can just outpace you the entire time. The jump's pretty much useless, because you can't get enough air to avoid getting hit, and the kick is just as useless because it lasts very briefly and is gonna require you get close enough for the enemy to hit you out of your jump and into, you guessed it, ANOTHER stunlock!

I'm sure somebody'd just go "Oh, you need to get better at it," but it's not as if I'm terrible; despite the nitpicks, I reached a 4-digit score. It just feels way too rigid to get a good feel for it, and it's a damn shame that the concept is so interesting, yet done so poorly.