Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Hide"

There is a lot of Horror that even AAA games don't have. It's a Lovecraftian style too (i don't know if served you as as inspiration, but this game have traits of a lovecraftian story).
The only bad thing is the enemy itself. There is a bug (or something like that) that allow the enemy to locate and kill me even if the character is covered.
Aside that, the game's good!

Vyntershtoff responds:

Thank you for your review!
Monster can detect you in the bushes in two cases:
1) He saw you hiding in them
2) You made a lot of noise so he checks the nearest bush if he thinks you might be there.
To be honest my main inspiration was the movie "Mist" based on King's novel.

The only real complaints i have are:

lack of cover: aside from bush camping, there is NO way to avoid the monster. the closest I ever got to winning was right after picking up a Jerry can. The thing camped that area walking back and forth forever with no opportunity to leave. I'm not asking for more "press E to become invisible" locations, just give us some low shrubbery or something that we can put between us and the spider so we don't have to afk for 3 hours waiting for the AI to meander off to the other side of the map.

Lack of Inventory: This is an issue that greatly compounds my first complaint. having such limited hiding spots isn't so bad if you have easy access to distractions. The fact that i have to ditch my rock in order to get the spider to simply LOOK in the wrong direction is too big a trade off to ever be worth it, especially when the monster has crysis delta levels of vision (aka "is that a pixel of you poking out behind that tree I see from across the map? yeah i totally see you!").

Thank you for the review!
The jerry can part must be hard: it's almost the end :)
I'll think about how can i improve player experience.

Terrific programming and a great atmosphere! I wouldn't say I was scared so much as focused on watching out for hiding places, but my heart rate definitely went up trying to complete the game!

The ending was a little anticlimactic; I expected something to happen other than a simple "you did it". I was honestly waiting for the enemy to appear and kill you even though you won! Still, it was fun.

Thank you for the review!
"Terrific programming" Can't argue with that: i thought it would make AI even scarier :)

I just played a little, although I loved it! I was hesitant, but tried it anyway. Scary as crap, and very mysterious. The only thing I don't like about it is the controls. The up and down directions are wacked, it is not as sensitive as it should be. When I do press them though, it kind of constantly goes up. You'll just have to see. Otherwise good game!

Thank you for the review!
That's strange: i use standard controls from the engine. Do you have a stable fps?

Ok here's the deal. great game i actually was to scared to play it because I'm not that fond of creepy games and the way you made this game is really what I'm most scared of. You can't see, there's lots of forest around, and you don't have anything and you have to walk around trying to find things. (at least that's what i got from it until I quit because i got to scared) I don't know why but this game is just... horrifying to me.

Thank you!