Reviews for "Tiny Heist"

I really was perplexed by this game. It was just way too difficult. I had no idea what was going on. It was so hard to tell what was coming up next. I guess it was certainly challenging. It just needed to have more details.

It's just a very strange game. Well, it was a unique experience at least. I'll never be motivated to beat this game. It was interesting I guess. I had no idea where these enemies were going.

It's alright, the core gameplay was decently fun, but I would recommend either having static levels or fixing the random level generator so that it won't give you levels that are unbeatable/borderline unbeatable without perfect luck. Not a rare occurrence either

This is a game with a fairly good concept. However it is the randomly generated structures that is the most frustrating. For example there is a small 3x3 room with the key and 2 dogs with a guard, there is a green door with no keys to possible to be collected. There is even a long hallway with a guard and a camera. These are most of where the frustration came from.

The big problem I have with this game is that it's too random! Playfield generation seems to be a simple arrangement of rooms and corridors, which sometimes leads to rooms with redundant doors because there's a hole in another wall. Also, placement of hostiles seems random as well - my last play got me to level 3 before reaching an impossible situation (a patrol bot was already heading for the entrance and no way to avoid!)

What the next iteration of this game needs is a more 'fair' method of level generation. Perhaps rendering a series of rooms (some possibly pre-defined), then linking them by corridors or doors as appropriate. Good roguelikes have an underlying rhythm to their level design and sequence; I'd recommend inspecting some of the others out there to understand this.

Otherwise, the turn-based mechanic is a clever twist; do I wait or keep moving? It's just that the unconstrained randomness of level generation makes the game far too difficult, unfair, or impossible. Choose your preferred term.

A good roguelike lets the player's skill dominate, as opposed to dumb luck. Sadly, Tiny Heist does not feel like a good roguelike.

Addictive, but terrible gameplay. For starters, the text bubbles are WAY too big, you can't even see what you are doing, also, levels 2-6 are all really similar difficulty, and don't progress enough. Up to level 6 it's like this: Really easy, hard, hard, hard, hard, hard. The graphics are nice. But there is no tutorial explaining the mechanics and different guards.

The game has a lot of potential, it's just currently terrible and doesn't deserve an average rating of 4 stars.