Reviews for "Tiny Heist"

Good:
Its really addictive - you've got twitch game play here, good stuff

There is a lot of items and enemy types - that was neat. I was still seeing new items even after 10 games in. I liked some were not so useful, and wondered if some were more rare than others.

Bad:
Patrolbot : some of the levels are really big, so just in figuring out where, say 3 keys are to escape, you have to also contend with all the extra foes based on your speed.

A bit too unbalanced to be true roguelike: I really like this game, and the difficulty is at times, just a bit too unfair in the room setup. In other words, I wasn't learning anything in some deaths but I just had a shitty room, end of story. When you feel like your skills aren't growing, its just a gambling game. But i can't see the knock this game down to a 2 star type game.

i got so scared i peed my pants and threw up at the same time. my favourite part was the climax.

legit want to give a real review but i suck at videogames so i only got 2 screens in tops. fucking awesome though. it felt like rogue.

The big problem I have with this game is that it's too random! Playfield generation seems to be a simple arrangement of rooms and corridors, which sometimes leads to rooms with redundant doors because there's a hole in another wall. Also, placement of hostiles seems random as well - my last play got me to level 3 before reaching an impossible situation (a patrol bot was already heading for the entrance and no way to avoid!)

What the next iteration of this game needs is a more 'fair' method of level generation. Perhaps rendering a series of rooms (some possibly pre-defined), then linking them by corridors or doors as appropriate. Good roguelikes have an underlying rhythm to their level design and sequence; I'd recommend inspecting some of the others out there to understand this.

Otherwise, the turn-based mechanic is a clever twist; do I wait or keep moving? It's just that the unconstrained randomness of level generation makes the game far too difficult, unfair, or impossible. Choose your preferred term.

A good roguelike lets the player's skill dominate, as opposed to dumb luck. Sadly, Tiny Heist does not feel like a good roguelike.

This is one of the most fun games I've ever played overall (console, flash, etc.) Great job friend!

Amazing as always.