Reviews for "The Townsfolk Cartel"

the game stops work if change tabs.

Music 1/2
It doesn't fit the game nor the art. Its sad metal, particular it could be alright standalone or for some other project. I don't particularly 'feel the beat' but its not that bad.

Interface 0/2
No offense but I haven't seen a worse main menu.

Story 0/2
Really nothing too new or interesting, iv'e seen this anime vr idea too many times. I like the basic paper art within the story, though it really needs a lot more polishing.

Gameplay 0/2
There's mostly no gameplay.
Sorry pal, this really needs a lot more improving.

At first it seemed like an incredible game, but at the beginning of the game (gameplay'' the art its really ugly'') it was something of a disappointment, the storyline was good but the art of gameplay ruined the beauty of the whole beginning.

The music is incredibly annoying and the volume is very high

RESUME:
A good story with a bad art on gameplay

but you have a good idea just work more on that arts its no hard draw a tavern,temple,items shop etc but put a line with a color its really ugly.

But I will give you a 3 because it shows the effort

I strongly dislike how your income drops to a small fraction of normal when you switch to another tab. It's an idle game, the whole point is that you should be able to do other things while occasionally checking out how the game is going. Also, some of the buttons extend way beyond where they are visually, which is just plain bad design from your part.

And finally, on top of everything else, there's absolutely no indication of how what you buy influences your income. It's nice to know that buying industries increases your income, but that's quite useless information without at least some indication of scale. Is it one gold per tick? 1000 gold? 1 000 000 gold? Presumably tier 2 industries increase it more, but how much more? Is there even any point buying any of them until their cost is negligible or you've maxed out everything else? Only way to find out is experimenting. And the same goes for... anything else you can do as well.

Lictalon responds:

Good point - the game now works if you change tabs.

An Idle game you can actually "win". I like it. Not a bad concept. Keep up the good work.