Reviews for "The Townsfolk Cartel"

Would enjoy it better with medals and a little information on each character; maybe some dialogue while progressing the game would be fun. Nice music taste.

Kept playing to the end cause I was digging the music, reminds me of an upbeat Tool.

i'm love game ^_^ really and i'm see work Good :) i'm love see part two ^_^

PROS:
I like this game. Nice art, cute story, a clear goal, it completes in a reasonable amount of time, and it avoids the insufferable reset mechanic (ie The "What do you mean you don't want to play this game for months and repeat the early game hundreds of times?" mechanic). Not every idle game needs to be, or should be, Cookie Clicker. The game moved at a nice pace apart from the slight lull after the max shop upgrades and before the top tier industries (which I think was fixed in an update). "Idle"-y enough to not feel like it needed constant attention but not demanding a massive time investment. The price scaling worked pretty well too (I think in part because of the lack of a reset currency). There wasn't a point where diminishing returns made you feel like most purchases were pointless. The pace and shorter length went well with the more structured (for an idle game) story.

CONS:
I would have liked to have gotten some more feedback on the consequences of actions. It wasn't always clear what exactly each purchase did, objectively or relatively. It also would have been nice to have more of your art. Stuff like images of the shops with new furniture for each upgrade. Or maybe little adventurer sprites coming and going from the town. Finally one UI nitpick: the end scene should have a next button consistent with the intro. I almost X'ed out because I didn't realize there were more dialog frames after the first one timed out.

CONCLUSION:
All in all pretty enjoyable. Very cute in the good sense of the word.

I love the idea of this game. The passage of time is odd though. Just seems like all you have to do is click on stuff, anything you click on helps about the same. But I suppose you accomplished your goal of making an idle game with a funny concept, so you get a 5. PLEASE LONGER MUSIC LOOP THOUGH!