Reviews for "Code Red"

I love the game especially the soundtrack. It's tons of fun all it needs is a checkpoint system like 2 or 3 checkpoints every level cause I find it really boring when you have to restart. Also I love the walking feature because it makes you look really cool but I find it doesn't really have any purpose. I would like for it to make you a bit more tankier when you walk like give you a shield or something for a small amount of time. Cuz I find that just walking up to your enemies really slowly just ignoring all damage would just be the coolest thing in the world. Great Game overall though. Keep up the good work.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

That indeed sounds like quite a cool mechanic with the walk! I personally (Pixel artist) thought it would be a good idea to give the player more freedom when moving, but it seems that it's useless the way it is now haha, thanks a lot! We're really flattered by all of the good comments considering this was our first Ludum Dare entry

Great simple game, I liked the atmosphere. Amazing music choice!

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Thanks a lot, we're glad you enjoyed the game! :)

I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME ! But its very hard : And that's not fun
The music in this game is awesome
The graphics in this game is Very Good
The End is sad :(
But i like it :)

VeryEvilTomato responds:

I'm glad you liked the game! :) Don't spoil the end ;)

Not necessarily one of my all-time favorites, but this game is really fun. I really liked the twist of managing your own lives to go through the game. I've never seen a game do that before. Overall, it was a great concept and was well-done for a game jam. I would say that I would only criticize the story. I understand the whole romance, but the story feels very lack-luster. It was missing something. Maybe a background as to how she was captured? Anyway, loved the game! I hope you make more like this!

VeryEvilTomato responds:

We wish we could've explained more, it was very rough for the time given! Who knows if there might be an expanded version on the future, although I'm personally a big fan of interpretable stories, I'll take your opinion in count! Thanks! :)

great game, nice visuals and music, and a great and heart wrenching ending! I just wish it had more content and wasn't so short. a solid 4 and a half stars from me