Reviews for "Code Red"

Good game. But I hate the controls. Especially because the game is so finicky about its platforming. I really wish I could map the WASD to the arrow keys.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback! Tomorrow I'll be polishing a little bit the game, probably implementing arrow keys as an option for those who don't want to use WASD and polishing the grab system!

The game is great. Music is good, story is good, theme is good, art is good. The only thing I think that lets it down is the difficulty. The lack of checkpoints and the large groups of enemies make it unbearably difficult. With the lack of checkpoints, dying and starting again feels more of a chore and it gets really repetitive.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Hey guys I just notified my programmer and he will be implementing the checkpoints today! stay tuned for the update.

The music is so freaking awesome

VeryEvilTomato responds:

You could check out more work made by Ross Budgen! He's credited in the description :)

Control are awfull

VeryEvilTomato responds:

If you could give me more details in PM about why you didn't like the controls I'd be happy to read it! Sorry if we couldn't do better it was our first jam game

Pretty good game. Simple concept with an interesting little plot.
The only real problem I had was with the controls; specifically, the dynamic of grabbing onto and jumping away from the walls. That could be a little more refined, as its "stickiness" led to a lot of my deaths, especially when trying to move up past wall turrets. Other than that, I don't have any real complaints.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Pretty fair feedback, we're glad you had a good time playing the game! Glad you found the plot interesting