Reviews for "Code Red"

While this game is remarkably innovative and original, and while it is refreshing to play essentially as the bad guy for once and tear people apart, there are a good number of bugs in this game. On some mid air deaths, your character will cycle through the death animation in that same position, rather than go to the ground. Added to this, the character will possibly run through the cycle a second time. The order of which the tips are presented, such as the "using the shout will cost you a heart" or however it is stated, is positioned farther into the game after it is introduced to the player character. If the game was longer, I wouldn't have had a complaint with it. And while the mysterious "I'm getting closer to the room" dialogue by the player character was interesting and made me invested with the game's resolution, the eventual ending of you meeting a possible loved one is less than satisfying. As the player, you have no reason to be invested in this new character, regardless if the player character seems to be in love with it. And even though the reveal that the character was capable of complex thoughts at the end, rather than a savage abomination is pretty interesting, it would have been better if the game was longer. The transitions of going from one area to the next made it feel like it was going to be longer, and got me invested in the game, only to see that it ended with a less than satisfying conclusion. The music was definitely great, and made me feel pretty badass as I turned armed guards into stains on the wall, so kudos to eduardo95. The background detail with the bodies on display was interesting, but if there was a greater variety, with some looking horribly deformed, the immersion in the game would have been better. If this game was longer, and included a better ending, or at least an ending that I could have been invested in, I would have definitely given it 5 stars rather than 3.5.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

eduardo95 didn't make the music, he only made the sound effects, we wish we could've made the game longer but the time we had for the jam really made it hard for us to create more content (3 days, released 12 this month and polished till today), we're sorry for the bugs and we'll see if we can do something about that with time, and sorry if the conclusion wasn't satisfying enough, andddd thanks for considering the game innovative and original! We hope that you enjoyed the game even with all of these issues! :)

Great simple game, I liked the atmosphere. Amazing music choice!

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Thanks a lot, we're glad you enjoyed the game! :)

There are some movements bugs but i like the story and i LOVE the aesthetics so far.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Could you please send a bug report to Oultrox about it? He's right in the Credits & Info! Thanks for loving my work and enjoying the story :)

Dude, great game! You can totally make it into a more complex one with a upgrade system and bosses. Really loved it!

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Thank you so much, we'll think about it, we love that you enjoyed the game so much :)

This game was amazing!!! Yeah, a little short, but I loved the action and the gameplay. The music is a bit repetitive after a while, but it's a really badass track. Something more would be nice. I also liked the story. It was very minimalistic and left a lot to imagination, but it also had just enough to actually portray a story. Not a lot of people can manage to hit that little Goldilocks zone, so congrats. All in all, good work, man! Thank you for helping keep Newgrounds awesome!

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Thanks a lot man, the duration of the game is related to the time given we had to make it, it was for a game jam but we've polished it the following days following feedback, it was published last monday, we're really happy that you liked it so much!