Reviews for "Code Red"

I really liked the game, but it has a lot of bug that makes it impossible to play (eg: being stuck in the air while jumping etc.)

VeryEvilTomato responds:

It's the first time someone talks about such a bug like this, can you please explain where did it trigger through a PM? Please

This is honestly the best game I have played on newgrounds. You should make a better version on steam. I have a few things that I feel need tweaking.

1: The hitbox when you want to pick people up is a little small

2: checkpoints
Other than that this is a great game.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Hello! thanks for your feedback! as you can see right now my programmer is working on that stuff! stay tuned for the update.

The game is great. Music is good, story is good, theme is good, art is good. The only thing I think that lets it down is the difficulty. The lack of checkpoints and the large groups of enemies make it unbearably difficult. With the lack of checkpoints, dying and starting again feels more of a chore and it gets really repetitive.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Hey guys I just notified my programmer and he will be implementing the checkpoints today! stay tuned for the update.

Good game. But I hate the controls. Especially because the game is so finicky about its platforming. I really wish I could map the WASD to the arrow keys.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback! Tomorrow I'll be polishing a little bit the game, probably implementing arrow keys as an option for those who don't want to use WASD and polishing the grab system!

I love the game especially the soundtrack. It's tons of fun all it needs is a checkpoint system like 2 or 3 checkpoints every level cause I find it really boring when you have to restart. Also I love the walking feature because it makes you look really cool but I find it doesn't really have any purpose. I would like for it to make you a bit more tankier when you walk like give you a shield or something for a small amount of time. Cuz I find that just walking up to your enemies really slowly just ignoring all damage would just be the coolest thing in the world. Great Game overall though. Keep up the good work.

VeryEvilTomato responds:

That indeed sounds like quite a cool mechanic with the walk! I personally (Pixel artist) thought it would be a good idea to give the player more freedom when moving, but it seems that it's useless the way it is now haha, thanks a lot! We're really flattered by all of the good comments considering this was our first Ludum Dare entry