Reviews for "Sai Amp Mitch"

Just completed the demo, and from what you have it's a pretty solid game. I can see why some people do prefer Sai/Amp over Mitch, however I do see Mitch's potential, especially after the first upgrade. The over world and 'puzzle' room, or SaiAmp Mind room I suppose, is definitely interesting. I can see a reference to your previous game in the check points, the infinity girl (forgot her name) which is cool, wonder if we would run into other familiar characters? it be cool. The facial expressions are pretty well done, and what I imagine is the main antagonist looks pretty scary when she's angry... and ugly, those wrinkles.

Okay so game play. General combat from what I got didn't feel as impactful as the previous game, then again it's psychic powers and bullets, so fine ill accept that. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses which make both of them useful in certain scenarios. While mitch can't make all enemies stagger, I did notice he can stagger, or 'pause' flying enemies which makes him much better for flyers vs Sai/Amp. However her dodge is so much better then his wall simply because of mobility, however I'm sure it will have it's moments. I didn't really experiment too much with skills, but I did see how to use the drones and charge shots to deal disgusting damage as you stated. Platforming is pretty solid, Sai-Amp is the best thanks to her floating and dashing, maybe give Mitch a double jump? Kind of even the mobility out a little?

All in all, this is definitely a worthy successor to your first game so far. When it comes out on steam, ill try and grab it to get a bigger chunk of this game. The art style is still it's unique self, it's funny, characters are cute and the combat is fun. Maybe the story gets to be as dramatic? Can't wait to find out!

TwinBlazar responds:

> General combat from what I got didn't feel as impactful as the previous game, then again it's psychic powers and bullets, so fine ill accept that.

Noted.

> Platforming is pretty solid, Sai-Amp is the best thanks to her floating and dashing, maybe give Mitch a double jump? Kind of even the mobility out a little?

Mitch will have a "utility" drone that will help both characters moving around.

> All in all, this is definitely a worthy successor to your first game so far.

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it! :)

It's good. I can tell a lot of work was put into this game. The various abilities are unique and interesting. Unlike the other reviewer.... I actually preferred Mitch. His charged shots were crazy strong... I mostly just used his charged shot and would switch to the girls just to phase through enemies and attacks. I got to the town, but I wasn't able to finish. Have to go to bed. Wish I could have saved.

TwinBlazar responds:

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it. :)

There must be a good reason to not play as the twins, however i don't see it, the other character is so damn boring and weak i don't even bother with it

TwinBlazar responds:

The other character Mitch is a little hard to get used to, and require more precise timing. His peanut shots are very weak and do not stagger enemies, however they are auto-aim at enemies at your facing direction. Mitch's strong power lies in his charged shots and homing drones. His 4th charged shot goes through all enemies and deal huge damage.

See https://youtu.be/FrYv3XuU2zw?t=9m7s and https://youtu.be/FrYv3XuU2zw?t=10m3s

In fact, if done correctly, Mitch can rack up damage faster than the twins.

But regarding the character is boring and weak, I will hereby accept that feedback. Thank you for your comment. :)

Runs very poorly on my machine even though I meet minimum specs. Not sure if it's just me, but I noticed another HTML5 game on Newgrounds has similar problems. I can press "D" on the keyboard once, and they will run for eternity until I press a different key. There are grammatical errors.

TwinBlazar responds:

By any chance, are you using Windows 10? We see that Windows 10 run HTML5 games poorly right now. However, on a Windows 7 machine with the minimum spec above, the game runs responsively and fluidly at 60 fps. I will see what can be done for Windows 10.

> grammatical errors

Could you please point where are they?

Other than that, thank you for your comment. :)

All combos and new things are thrown at the player at once. I feel confused and discouraged to interact with the game. Maybe at some point this game is fun but I'm not that keen on checking it out.

TwinBlazar responds:

Understood. Thank you for your comment. :)