Reviews for "Sai Amp Mitch"

I was really put off by the long unskippable intro.

You vastly overestimate how much people care about the story to a game they have no investment in yet.

I wasn't able to get to the game because the intro just kept going and going.

So I'm sorry to give it a zero but I would have had to reach a game to begin the process of adding stars.

> long unskippable intro

Seems I didn't make it blatantly clear. Sorry. All cutscenes in this game (except when an input is required such as when Sai and Amp are asking what would you like to eat) are all skippable by pressing ESC or Z. Or if in the case of gamepad, the button that is used for pausing the game is also used for skipping cutscenes. (See config in pause menu)

Maybe you wanna give the game another whirl? :)

I definitely think you could benefit from a native English writer to localize the game. It's strange, but the mechanics are there. You just need the writing to follow.

TwinBlazar responds:

Agreed. I will see what can be done in this department.

Arigatou for your comment.

Mechanically, this is extremely solid - shockingly well put together. Controls feel tight and responsive, default keyboard layout is a bit odd but with some adjusting it'd be fine, and I can imagine playing with a gamepad would feel great. It feels like it's been years since I've played a game on Newgrounds that felt as competently-made as this.

The writing, on the other hand, is not so good. All of the dialogue is messy and stilted, and the whole "conjoined twins who make out" thing is just weird and pretty creepy. I've never understood folks' fascination with twins who kiss each other. Really just spoils the whole thing, for me.

The sprite work is decent, but the character portraits leave much to be desired - very amateurish. Definitely turned off the music right away, but the sound effects are fine.

Overall, very well made but, again, ruined by the weird "twins making out" thing.

TwinBlazar responds:

> I can imagine playing with a gamepad would feel great.

Gamepad is recommended. (Those tutorial texts will change with respect to your input)

> writing

Noted. I will see what can be done.

> I've never understood folks' fascination with twins who kiss each other

To each their own, I guess. But if you feel uncomfortable with the twins, feel free to stop playing. :)

Thank you. :D

The Game design is brilliant. Probably one of the most fun games i've played all year.

The pixel art and backgrounds were fantastic, but the closeup heads of the characters looked a bit cartoonish and crude, like they weren't fully polished/finished.

Music and sound design were fantastic, so A1 on that.

Frankly though, the writing was just meh. The story has so many possibilities, and the story direction itself is great, but the actual dialogue and written descriptions sounded like they were written by a 12 year old and really broke the immersion.

Incredible gameplay, great design overall, great music, but the writing was severely lacking.

> closeup portrait

criticism noted.

> Music and sound design were fantastic, so A1 on that

Music is created by http://vexineko.deviantart.com . Go message him. ;)

> writing

noted. I will see what can be done.

Thank you for your criticism and thank you for playing :D

the art of the intro with the busty pirate girls made me laught. the music is to anoying during the level, and also the weird right hand controls but they can be edited so is ok, (and i never get if is a girl with two heads or 2 girls huging all the time...)
beside that it looks with a great potential. good luck

TwinBlazar responds:

If you mean the pirates' spherical bosoms, then I do agreed. :P
I will see what I can do with their pixel busts.

> and i never get if is a girl with two heads or 2 girls huging all the time...

They are conjoined twins so it's 2 girls sharing the same body.
\(^_^)(^_^)/

Arigatou for your comment. :)