Reviews for "Frog Fable"

Fun, little game. Besides the slowdowns when hitting enemies (dunno if it's intentional or something on my side), it's a perfect time waster. Without a moment that boggles down the gameplay and forces you to grind, and that's what I appreciate the most.

Big plus for an actual pixelated art, or at least I didn't noticed it's fake like with so many games nowadays.

Love the sprites, gameplay is consistent and the text is good too. One thing that felt a little bit off was the final boss, because the game had a pretty smooth dificulty progression until you get there, where it becomes more about grinding your skills or stocking up potions than playing well. Kinda cheap.

Fun game though, the type of game you get when the dev has fun coding it too, I bet.

rzuf79 responds:

Well... Some playtesters were complaining, that final boss is too easy. Good thing I didn't listen. :D

This game is just too adorable! And very funny, poor balloon kid. =)
There are some spelling errors, though?

rzuf79 responds:

Very probable. My brain is too tired of playing this game over and over to notice spelling errors anymore, but since good people are pointing them out from time to time and I'm fixing them.
Thanks!

Keeps me entertained for a while, then it gets too hard! Stupid rapid!

Honestly, this game just gets too hard too quickly. After talking to the king, I found that the game stopped being bullet-hell and started being Dying Simulator 2016. Even with all the grinding I did in preparation for increases in difficulty (I was already getting the overlapping red stats just by killing the frogs and birds in the fire-ant area), and the fact that I never skipped a battle, I still got owned by the porcupine spines mixed with homing-bubbles and birds and landsharks. I really don't like when a game changes difficulty so suddenly, when I'd been waltzing through enemies so easily previously

rzuf79 responds:

Oh, sorry about that. It's not a simple thing to adjust the difficulty to suit everyone. My idea at one point was to scale difficulty dynamically, according to player's death count and damage taken throughout the play. But alas, doing such thing was way beyond my budget. :/