For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 163 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for "Vintage Game Shop"

What's the point of buying these consoles if you're just going to sell them? I'd much rather keep them than sell them.

Good game! Learned alot about old games and consoles! :)

I screwed up everything.

10/10 Would screw up everything and lose my money on buying a broken game.

Wish there were more items obviously but the game is well designed and addictive. The song is now in my head.

A terrific rush of the Tycoon genre with a flare of history to round it out. The retro style fits perfectly in a fast-paced environment of collecting and shrewd decisions.
That said, some features offer little more than aesthetic value or answering curiosity. Other features aren't very helpful, and there is an apparent shortage of overall inventory to select from at only 60 items (which includes platforms). There is also some inconsistency in cost of inventory, leaving the Player to largely blunder through sales at times. The "Phone A Friend" option would be great, except that the cost of doing so often outweighs the value you are trying to save on an item. The initial buzz wears off, which may leave older Gamers dissatisfied or Collectors scratching their heads.

Elsewise, the smooth colors in this game are awesome! I very much like the chilled-out chiptunes, which help to provide a very authentic atmosphere. I also really enjoyed the idea of "damaged" merchandise, which is visible.
The Intellivision keypad for dialing in offers is a great inclusion.

out of 10...
GFX - 8 (great attention to detail and overall pleasantness)
SFX - 9 (fantastic loop and exciting effects)
DESIGN - 7 (creative features, but imbalanced)
GAMEPLAY - 6 (Limited range but overall addicting)

Overall, despite the humbleness of what's under the hood, we see a great and tightly-knit idea presented in a professional and fun way.