Reviews for "Future Fragments - NEW Electric Level Demo"

Excellent side scroll gameplay, cool mechanics, and pretty neat story. Although there isn't much to it as of now, it is still one of the best flash games I have played in a while. I can tell that there was a lot of effort put in to this project. I don't normally support many flash games on Patreon, but this game is worth the consideration.

hentaiwriter responds:

Thanks a lot for the praise, review and rating! :D Future builds will definitely be more polished than this :)

I couldn't do it. I can't beat this game because there are a few things just too frustrating. The fire shooting guys can hit you when they are a half step higher than you but you can't him with your VERY wide slash when the positions are reversed. The demons have a stupid keep away mechanic that makes them always just too high to jump and shoot them. Their dives are completely random so you can't predict when to charge up your shot, they are way too hard too hit overall.

Finally, the reason I won't be finishing this game, the platforms. They are the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a PLATFORMER. They are all different speeds. They have decent speed in the middle and slow to a crawl on either side, and no two are alike so you can't time it on the first try, at all. You can't tell at all where vertical ones start and stop and if they are just shy of jumping to the next step up, you will fall and die. They are impossibly incoherent in how they move back and forth.

hentaiwriter responds:

Sorry you didn't like how it was set up; that said, we already have plans to adjust platforms in future builds, so no worries there!

That said, the platforms are different speeds, but across the demo there are only 4 or so speeds, and they're all the same across the same types.

The vertical ones, you can tell where they stop based on the background tiles behind them in all but one area, which will be getting reworked for the full game. (You just gotta wait and look though to see where they'll stop; the game is designed to be played cautiously, not by running ahead as fast as you can.)

As far as the flying demon, they always dive at you at set intervals that are always the same, and the only time they don't do this is if you're at a 45 degree angle from them (so that they fire their fireball at you). In general though, you should be charging your shot at all times, as there's no penalty for doing so.

The hitboxes for shots and enemies will be fixed in future builds too!

Yes, a thousand times yes!... Game was fun, animation is good, but most importantly the voice acting was on point. Many makers forget voice acting.... bravo, I look forward to the full version.

the game is amazing but i have one problem and you don't have a tutorial link so i cant figure this out there is one room with fans and a lever but i cant find out how to get past it

hentaiwriter responds:

If you press up on the lever, you can flip the lever to turn the fans off :) thanks for the review and rating!

Finished playing it yesterday, came back today to find all the fragments and gold databases. So far, I got one fragment ( the ones that kinda look like gloves ) and 2 gold databases, and right now I am banging my head against a wall trying to find out the second fragment, It has something to do with a vent, but I don't remember the rest of the text...

So far, I didn't find any glitches in the game at all, everything worked fine, and the places where I could get locked because of my own damn fault, instead of you guys removing it somehow, you left it in the game, I don't really know if I like it, since we get to explore more ways of glitching the game, or if I hate it because I CAN'T FIND DE FRAGMENT AND WHEN I THINK I FOUND IT, TURNS OUT I SHOULD BE IN THAT PLACE TO BEGIN WITH XD. I don't have much to say regarding on what you did wrong, besides two minor things, it would be pretty nice to be able to review text that some characters said before, and maybe a way to remake a choice I didn't want to make whitout having to restart the whole game. Good job you guys, who are making this game! all my 5 stars to this.

hentaiwriter responds:

Thanks for the review and rating both!

About the fragment, you can find that if you go to P4M2 and go to the bottom of the map, then pick to continue searching :D

For the text review, later versions of the game will have the ability to re-read any databanks, re-watch any cutscenes/game over sequences/regular animations, and so on.

For the choice remaking, after you beat the game once in the full game, you'll be able to get 10 save slots to try out different choices as you go throughout the game, too!