Reviews for "Future Fragments - NEW Electric Level Demo"

its a solid mega man like platformer, only thing I think you should work on in my option is the text. it's too small and it's a lot right in the beginning. I honestly don't think you have to cut it down but maybe just make the text bigger and easier to read.

also a slide kick would be cool but if the maps or bad guys aren't built around it then nevermind.

hentaiwriter responds:

The text will be partially swapped out for cutscenes and powerups and such, and the pre-existing databank text will be compressed some in terms of density, with the text being made bigger, yep!

We have something similar to a slide kick in later builds, a fire dash, so mechanically the same thing, it just looks different visually :P

Thanks for the rating & review!

I'll agree that this is a pretty solid demo, and if you're half decent in platformers you won't even get to see an h scene, but that doesn't mean it is without problems.
Not being able to shoot while you run for example, or that shooting while ducking makes you stand up, shoot, then duck again. Also what's the point of having all those computers laying around? There's no point in interacting with them if the reward for doing so is a wall of text. You may have put a lot of work in the logs and reports contained in them, but nobody's gonna stop and read them.

Finally I don't know what made you release the demo of the lava level, but it's as if nintendo had advertised ocarina of time by releasing a demo of the water temple. Oh, the instadeaths...
I liked the enemies, but fuck the winged demos. Fuck them with a sideways ceiling fan.

hentaiwriter responds:

Thanks for the review and rating :)

You can shoot while you run, you just have to be running first before you shoot.
As far as not having ducking shooting, that's in current builds, just unfortunately not this one.

The databanks will be partially swapped out for cutscenes and powerups in later builds, but as the reviews below have evidenced, quite a few people actually do enjoy reading the text :P

The reason we had the demo of the lava level released is because it was the most fully complete level; we'll be doing other demos of other levels as time goes on.

That's quite impressive for a demo and it,s the first time I see a h-game that elaborated. Also, I'm curious if there would be a way to keep the demon form from the blob cutscene in a future version of the game. I kinda like that part actually :p

I was wondering if you guys would update the demo as you release more updates :D I want to try more of it!

My character really liked to slide around excessively such as when landing from a forward moving jump and fall in to lava pits, even when my hand was off the keyboard after she peaked at the jump animation. It got too much of an issue when the number of moving platforms and lava pits increased. I saw like 5 types of enemies and Faye before giving up.
I would really like it if at the final product, the texts can be collected and browsed, the individual h-scenes be browsed. Other than that, I loved the concept, the character and enemy design, the difficulty curve (I did not complete the demo, so I might be wrong).

hentaiwriter responds:

This sounds like it might be a browser or computer issue, as the character has no inertia from those movements; what browser/OS are you on (PM me if you can)?

The final product will definitely have a way to browse through/re-read/watch/listen to the texts, as well as cutscenes and h-animations :D Thanks for the review and rating!