Reviews for "the deciding point"

What an awesome improv... a real joy to listen to. :)

It's very majestic and calming in the beginning. I liked the subtle pause at :32. Also, I might add that I really appreciate you working with more organic instruments again. It's been a long time coming. That said, I think you could've built up a lot more to 1:09, which kind of sounded like a bad sample of a country-western electric guitar (wow, that sentence sounds a lot harsher than I intended, but I'm still not going to delete it). I do like that you vacillate between piano solo and piano/synth duets, though. I just wish the synth was a saxophone or something. The emotional quality of the piece is great, though. Reminds me of that collab you did with EtherealWinds a while back. Another great subtle pause at 3:40. I think you could've played more with dynamics and phrasing, but I understand it's really hard to do that when you're improvising. Overall solid work. And no, I have not seen Hamilton yet. Apparently it's pretty good...right? Either way, keep it up, Johnfn! ^^

johnfn responds:

lol what's wrong with country western electric guitars thedoor7?????? WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST ALTERNATE GENRE STYLISTIC CHOICES...

I guess I should not be so lazy about my improvisation but that would just mean turning it into a song, I guess... which might actually work, now that I think about it.

Thanks for the review! Also hamilton is amazing, you should go listen to it right now. ^_^

This sounds pretty neat :D!
Nice improvception, dude ;)

Also, unfortunately, I've only heard OF Hamilton D:

johnfn responds:

Thanks LSD! Also you should really go check out hamilton omg it's amazing.