Reviews for "Hero Agency"

Well ... I actually finished the game with all my accolades achieved, but since I hadn't signed up for NewGrounds yet when I was playing, my medals weren't saved. That's alright, though! This game can easily be completed within half an hour if you invest and focus on the right aspects of your agency.

╭━━╮
┃╭╮┃
┃╰╯╰╮╭╮
┃╭━╮┣╯╰╮
┃╰━╯┣╮╭╯
╰━━━╯╰╯

Here is the breakdown of my grading.

[GRAPHICS; STORYLINE]

The artwork is simple and tidy, very cute. It fits the straightforward plot of the entire game, which is to manage an agency (like a guild) for adventurers, fostering their *cough*uses*cough*TALENTS so that they can continue your father's legacy, while making money for you. From one look at the art alone you just KNOW it isn't going to be a depressing story, which means it delivered the mood from the getgo.

7/10 - the premise has potential for more complex missions, but for a quick fun, it's easy to digest and interesting enough. Unfortunately, their questing log zooms past too quickly for me. Maybe an adventurer's log could help make each employee unique.

[MUSIC; SFX]

The music is trippy enough to be fun and catchy. The bonus here is that it will remind older gamers of old days when 8-bit music was a big thing (I think it's still a thing now though). The voice acting to remind me of how broke my agency is is great too. It's memorable, even. "Not enough gold."

7/10 - the BGM is very fitting, but since there's only ONE track ... it gets bland after a long time. Sort of like playing Pokemon for hours (walking in the grass) on end on the GameBoy?

[MECHANICS; INTERFACE]

Simple enough, given that the player goes through the tutorial. However, during my very first run, the adventurer demanded for a whooping 1125 wage, and since I thought it was pre-determined by the tutorial, I was none the wiser and accepted. Oh how difficult it was to raise money ... I think an indication of WHAT is considered overprice would be nice? I had to re-run (feeling something amiss) to realise I really was ripped off by my first adventurer, whose name I forgot.

I have no qualms with the interface itself, since it is P much WYSIWYG. Well, maybe the individual adventurer pause button (the green/red dot) could be a wee bit larger (but this is just a request from someone who has a lot of pets interrupting her gaming, on top of being on NG on a laptop with no USB mouse). Something to toggle the speed would be nifty; like a Rush button where things go 1.5x or 2x speed of real-time. (I'm aware it gets quicker as we upgrade the Skill, but sometimes we just want to rush, rush, rush through, yanno? Especially when it's because we didn't get our medals the first time around.)

9/10 - I don't know how anyone can mess up with controls this easy, but I'm not challenging.

- - -

Gamer's Daily Vitamin: 2%

It honestly wouldn't take more than 2% of your day to finish the entire game. I don't see any replay value for this, but it's a plausible choice for management sim players who are short on free time or in need of a quick fix.

Overall Value: Lots of nutrients.

Not withstanding the AMOUNT of content itself, the presentation is sleek and satisfying. No glitches whatsoever, no clunky animation, and no half-assed interface thrown together as a poor excuse. You've got the foundation down. Now, if we can have a sequel with more stuff to do ... (Have you heard of Valthirian Arc 2? Great example.)

Chaz responds:

Thanks for the nutritious review doc!

Very good job! I actually had much more fun than I expected. Although there are some slight criticisms I have. The main one is that I feel it was a bit too short, as it only took me less than an hour. Despite that, it was incredibly fun, and reminded me of the old days of Newgrounds.

Chaz responds:

Thanks for the comments! :)

Yeah this is good. Its just not much to it after 30 minutes. I would try to incorporate the town more, and your guild/agency, which doesn't even get a building in town LOL. Random customers with special quests, find the magic macguffin thing... and of course being able to add classes and actual gear to your heroes would be nice.

really great game, but not without some issues - really flashy. made my eyes hurt. just a simple red outline or exclamation point would have done just fine. also, a 'help' menu, maybe, and more stuff to do? i kept feeling like i must be doing something wrong because it got old very quickly. there was no explanation of how the town map worked, none that i could find, anyway. this sounds very critical but it really is great, i just had to mention these things.

An interesting game

Well that was an interesting game you have some nice ideas and there was some nice flashing ideas on this game so it was kind of fun the music was nice and there was some overall fun elements about this game really nice interface too so nice job all the way around on this game

~~SUGGESTED IDEAS~~
no changes as this game flowed along the way.

~X~