Reviews for "Hero Agency"

I thought this was going to be an idle game, which is basically the world's $#!77!est slot machine; how wrong I was!

I would have liked a little bit more of an analytical approach to this sort of game; currently all that it says is "Skill increases your hero's questing speed, Heart makes him tougher, Wisdom gives him more EXP for completing quests and Looting makes him earn more gold!" What it doesn't say is /by how much,/ so I can't really formulate a concrete strategy on how to make the quickest profit (I just guessed on looting first, skill second and did pretty well, I think...)

Another flaw is the high score system, which is easily cheated by sacking heroes at the end of level 98 and re-hiring them continually. Time-to-retirement would have been a better metric, IMO.

Also, the tutorial windows everywhere are really annoying and I just clicked through them without reading and figured everything out on my own. You could just make the game a wee bit more intuitive, instead. For example, instead of red light/green light for stopping/starting individual heroes, you could have a red button that says "stop" and a green button that says "go" or "quest." It would also be nice for it to be clearer as to which bar is experience points and which is quest progress. You can figure it out after a while by how they move, but it would still be nicer to have them be defined.

Chaz responds:

Thanks for the feedback, I'll bare it in mind for any future updates/editions.

I really enjoyed the game. It's fun, a bit fast but a nice way to kill time. I also really loved the cute art style of the heroes.

Chaz responds:

Thanks for the kind words!

For what it is, it's very enjoyable. One complaint of mine might be that I can't really see what they're doing on their adventures when the little messages pop up. I saw a few references in there, and I think that could have been done a little better. Perhaps slowing down the text and adding in more humorous messages as they increase in level?

Otherwise I enjoyed the game very much. The sound was cute and enjoyable. It fit well with the game. The character types were cool, but it didn't seem to matter which type was picked (as most of the time they started with almost nothing anyway). The progression started very slow, and then picked up very quickly until the end. Replayability isn't very high, but I don't believe that's the point. Artwork was good. Did no experience any bugs or glitches.

Well done. :)

Thanks!

A solid, quick game. A bit too flashy (literally) but I enjoyed how fast everything was. At first, I was aggravated by the "does not save" on the title screen, but I realized after it was over why this is. You can knock this game out in about 20-30 minutes. Not bad, for what it is.

I messed up several times in the beginning with hiring 2 heroes at once. Then I tried a new method: I hire only one hero, buy Lvl1 for Health, Skills, Wisdom and Lvl2 for Gold. This way the hero earns enough gold to buy HP potions permanently and even save up some money. Now I can slowly level up all the other skills to Lvl2 at least - if possilbe Lvl 3 - and hire further heroes.