Reviews for "Hero Agency"

I loved the game! to win the game it's to be patient and only buy potions when your hero is about to die.

keep it up xx

Thanks! :)

Fun and quick game. Feels like there's a lot of room to expand the game into, which is great! Few suggestions:

#1 - Variable Speeds;
I didn't feel like I had a lot of time to make decisions, since my heroes' health dropped so fast, and for a time the best economic decision is to keep your heroes on 0 potions until the last possible moment. There's the pause button, but simply having a few speeds available (Slow, Average, Fast) would help with this and let me explore things a bit more.

#2 - More Hiring Options:
Hiring right now is kind of silly. I got the Elf and Marshmallow just to achieve the town reward, because Humans right now are the best. Starting with 3 Potions is worth 1500 gold, which is worth WAY more than any of the other starting bonuses. What if instead you got a preview of the hero's stats, and those stats were slightly randomized? Now you have a better idea of whether a hero is "worth it" or not. Each class can give you an idea of what they'll bring to the table, but it's not the be-all, end-all.

#3 - Add Classes
Right now, each hero just gives you different starting packages, but all heroes, once upgraded, work identically. What if they did different things? Again, each race you can hire has a preference, but three classes would be cool. Warrior, Wizard, and Thief. Warriors reduce health loss for all non-Warrior heroes, Wizards increase the attack speed of all non-Wizard heroes, and Thieves increase the amount of loot gained by all non-Thief heroes.

#4 - Make Skills More Balanced
I saw a big difference when I upgraded Loot. I did not see a big different when upgrading Skill, Health, and Wisdom. I think Skill made my character gain loot and XP faster, but Wisdom did almost nothing except level up my characters (which had no effect). I realize that upgrading health extended how long they could adventure without needing potions, but again, I didn't see much increase. So yeah, Wisdom's the biggest offender. What if there were some spells you could cast, and each point of Wisdom across your heroes sped that up, and each Wizard gave you a new spell?

#5 - Bosses
Each time you want to level up your adventuring company, your heroes have to defeat a boss - something with a count-down timer, with the timer sped-up by each point of Skill your heroes have (the boss' health), and another timer with a length determined by your heroes combined health. There needs to be a money cost to fighting the boss, so failure means that you've lost that money. Heroes still lose health during this fight at the regular rate, but gain no loot. Defeating the boss gives a single-time payout of a bunch of loot too.

Hope this all helps for Hero Agency 2!

Great feedback, thanks!

Just like it's been said, your income is so low and potions are so expensive, that you can't upgrade your heroes. All you can do is buy potions or your heroes will die. And if your heroes die, you don't get to hire one for a low price, your game is just over.

If the balance was fixed, it could be fun. But, the balance is completely broken, so it sucks.

Really nice graphics, simple to learn gameplay, and very satisfying! I love short games like this. Thanks for making it!

One question, why do my honored heros all have a blue sky background, except for my first human, who has a red sky?

Chaz responds:

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! The sky backdrops when honouring heroes is randomized :)

Well ... I actually finished the game with all my accolades achieved, but since I hadn't signed up for NewGrounds yet when I was playing, my medals weren't saved. That's alright, though! This game can easily be completed within half an hour if you invest and focus on the right aspects of your agency.

╭━━╮
┃╭╮┃
┃╰╯╰╮╭╮
┃╭━╮┣╯╰╮
┃╰━╯┣╮╭╯
╰━━━╯╰╯

Here is the breakdown of my grading.

[GRAPHICS; STORYLINE]

The artwork is simple and tidy, very cute. It fits the straightforward plot of the entire game, which is to manage an agency (like a guild) for adventurers, fostering their *cough*uses*cough*TALENTS so that they can continue your father's legacy, while making money for you. From one look at the art alone you just KNOW it isn't going to be a depressing story, which means it delivered the mood from the getgo.

7/10 - the premise has potential for more complex missions, but for a quick fun, it's easy to digest and interesting enough. Unfortunately, their questing log zooms past too quickly for me. Maybe an adventurer's log could help make each employee unique.

[MUSIC; SFX]

The music is trippy enough to be fun and catchy. The bonus here is that it will remind older gamers of old days when 8-bit music was a big thing (I think it's still a thing now though). The voice acting to remind me of how broke my agency is is great too. It's memorable, even. "Not enough gold."

7/10 - the BGM is very fitting, but since there's only ONE track ... it gets bland after a long time. Sort of like playing Pokemon for hours (walking in the grass) on end on the GameBoy?

[MECHANICS; INTERFACE]

Simple enough, given that the player goes through the tutorial. However, during my very first run, the adventurer demanded for a whooping 1125 wage, and since I thought it was pre-determined by the tutorial, I was none the wiser and accepted. Oh how difficult it was to raise money ... I think an indication of WHAT is considered overprice would be nice? I had to re-run (feeling something amiss) to realise I really was ripped off by my first adventurer, whose name I forgot.

I have no qualms with the interface itself, since it is P much WYSIWYG. Well, maybe the individual adventurer pause button (the green/red dot) could be a wee bit larger (but this is just a request from someone who has a lot of pets interrupting her gaming, on top of being on NG on a laptop with no USB mouse). Something to toggle the speed would be nifty; like a Rush button where things go 1.5x or 2x speed of real-time. (I'm aware it gets quicker as we upgrade the Skill, but sometimes we just want to rush, rush, rush through, yanno? Especially when it's because we didn't get our medals the first time around.)

9/10 - I don't know how anyone can mess up with controls this easy, but I'm not challenging.

- - -

Gamer's Daily Vitamin: 2%

It honestly wouldn't take more than 2% of your day to finish the entire game. I don't see any replay value for this, but it's a plausible choice for management sim players who are short on free time or in need of a quick fix.

Overall Value: Lots of nutrients.

Not withstanding the AMOUNT of content itself, the presentation is sleek and satisfying. No glitches whatsoever, no clunky animation, and no half-assed interface thrown together as a poor excuse. You've got the foundation down. Now, if we can have a sequel with more stuff to do ... (Have you heard of Valthirian Arc 2? Great example.)

Chaz responds:

Thanks for the nutritious review doc!