For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 93 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Hero Agency"

All right, played through the entire game to get all the achievements. I like the style, I like the sound, and I enjoyed... most of the game. I had to restart once because I messed up with my early plays and ended up never having enough money to keep my heroes alive, but that's my own bad.

In terms of the bonuses you get, I'd rather see these being permanent bonuses, but given that there's not real prestige system I understand that it might've made the game too easy. The way it is now, assuming you have a decent start, the game is fairly easy and fairly short.

Chaz responds:

Thanks for the review. The bonuses are permanent, though.

no bad, but not good either. may want to consider changing the rewards to pernament bonuses. Found it annoying to use the reward then find my new hiries didn't have it

I get what they were trying for, but the first time I played I lost pretty much instantly because I only bought the Marshmellow guys. They were very expensive and I realized that the game could be completed with only humans. So I did that. This game doesn't seem finished but still, overall, kinda good!

It's pretty good, but once you get rolling and have hired heroes for all the slots, there's no challenge, it's just sort of waiting until they all retire. No real replay value, and there's no advantage to hiring anything but humans (at least not that I've noticed)
Definitely a lot of potential here, but needs some extra features and balance.

I thought this was a nice little game to play. I'm oddly addicted to passive games even though I never really see the point in them. :P I guess it's the medals/achievements that keep you coming back and wanting to play them.

My first run through I basically played with no strategy. I bought heroes as soon as they appeared, no matter how much they cost and I just purchased upgrades randomly. The second time through I played with some strategy and if anything there was maybe only a 5 minute difference between gameplays with barely any difficulty change. So the game is kind of not challenging no matter what you do. I never used the pause feature on either run through.

I wish the map would have been larger. It may have added an additional challenge if there were several more pages to the map with more adventures as people may have gotten distracted enough to forget to buy potions. I see that you say each character has different effects, but is that obvious anywhere on the screen? Is that information someone can even figure out and use as a strategy or is it just randomized?

The sound, music, and art work was all really fitting for the gameplay. Overall, I enjoyed it, but would have liked to see a little bit more of a challenge and a bit larger map/mission selection.