For the month of March we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 85 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in April!

Reviews for "Flatwoods"

It was a fun game, just enough to get me curious enough to play it through a second time and get the good ending as well. Unfortunately, the game had a bug that caused it to lag horribly just by walking around. I assume it's because it's drawing too many assets from other parts of the game; two different musical tracks were playing at the same time during my second playthrough.

Gerkinman responds:

You guess it, the game was originally designed to run at 720p but this version is only 800x450. I didn't have the free time to rebuild all the maps unfortunately. This is the first time I have heard of the audio bug tho.

Very cute and fun point and click.One complaint though,you can stand in front of the mother and she won't notice you unless you interact with her.

Also was the old guy supposed to be a murderer?There was what looked like blood over his tractor that was stashed in the woods next to a hatchet and one of the pictures in his house was of a woman bent over a tractor.

Gerkinman responds:

I forgot I had to program the mother for that shot.

I had never thought about the old man being a murderer but that's definitely an interesting theory!

...did I not get the right ending? Maybe I missed something....

Also the game lags through map screens where you are able to 'run' around. One way to fix this is to bring up menu with the save, then cancel the menu. Or save the game. That usually may help clear the lag and makes the lag disappear (But only in the map you're in, once you moved to a different map there's no guarantee the lag will go away, so you have to keep using the same tactic)

I collected so many metal pieces and I'm still missing something....

Oh crap I Forgot about the old padlock near the start...gotta find that key ><

Gerkinman responds:

Sounds like you missed out on a few of the pieces of metal, don't forget to go check out the chicken co-op on the farm.

I think the laggy maps were due to their size, the game wasn't originally designed for html5 so when it was ported the size of the maps caused some issues on some machines unfortunately.

8 metal pieces all up. ;D

Unique animation, simplistic style of gaming, and impressive soundtracks. Truly something that really is interesting. Great job!

Gerkinman responds:

Thanks, I am glad you had a good time with it! :)

Aw yeh! I got the good ending :) Such a cute game. Love the cut scenes and music. Game did go a bit laggy on the farm but only on that part :) Loved it, thanks!

Gerkinman responds:

I am really glad you had a fun time! =D