For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 201 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Sanguine 2"

This is great! The controls feel very fluid. I love these types of games. A lot of work must have gone into this. I like the artwork. It takes a bit of skill to get through the levels and timing your attacks with the enemies. This kinda reminds me of those old Castlevania games Thanks!

Cool game but, why the bullets of the enemies come to you through walls? it's very weird.

When a game makes me come back to keep playing, it deserves five stars.

It's true that the controls are very tricky, but it's the charm of the game. Maybe the only unfair thing I feel in it is that you can be hit multiple times consecutively, I don't like it but it seems to be intentional when you find the enemies who throws axes.

I got stuck in the last overworld. I have 11 keys, but I am unable to find the last level. Can you give me some hint to where it is? I completed the three levels near the place where you begin and crossed the mountain to reach the castle. Is there a way to reach the house with a green roof?

Anyways, a great game. Thank you!

ggg 2 good 4 me

Absolutely the most fun I've had on Newgrounds in years! Eleanor is a compelling character in that mute, understated way that SNES era characters could be at their best. The gameplay seems harsh at first, but, also like the 16-bit greats, it rewards persistence and practice. From the "look and feel" to the music to the deeply satisfying sense of accomplishment when you beat those hurdles, this is a game I wish I owned on a cartridge. I know I sound old, but if your complaints are about the opaqueness of the tutorials or the tiny margins for error in the controls, then I suspect you didn't grow up playing the games my generation did. If Sanguine 2 came out in '94 or '95, it would have been Nintendo Power's cover story and the top of my Christmas wishlist.

Two questions that aren't really critiques, though: I'm one key shy of the mystery door. Is there any way to know where the missing key lives (without googling)? And am I missing something, or does the "special" button do anything more than the taunt-like series of animations?