For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 196 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Sanguine 2"

I feel like some of the controls aren't so great; the movements are slippery (it isn't bad at all times) and the thing I find a bit weird is the air attack. Why does it have such a charge time? I've died a lot of times because the air attack takes so long to use. The controls of the jumping and platforming are pretty good though, and I feel that if this game were to be longer you could maybe get more gear or upgrades for you to feel like you're progressing more. But some of the enemy placement is either not well though or just plain hard, like in the castle in world 1 where you have those circle skeletons spawning out of no where and going through blocks. Speaking of going through blocks, the fact that the guns the people use go through the ground isn't very realistic, and why wouldn't you pick up the gun they're using?

RayBeckham responds:

If the air attack was the same speed as the ground attack, why would you use the ground attack? The idea is that there are times where you use each depending on what you're doing. This creates a balance between the two.

The circle skeletons can't really have complex ground collision in Flash, not without putting some serious strain on a computer. It's a chaotic room... I find just hugging the right tends to get you through it easier.

As for enemy's shooting through walls. The fact is that the game would be too easy if they couldn't. If they couldn't, then what? Do you just have to run away to reset them? Would they "lose you"? Enemies have pretty rigid movement scripts, so that'd mess up their pattern and create some bonkers scenarios, forcing you to run away and reset them. And that'd be tedious! Running back and forth all the time... no, I want to incentivize players to be more aggressive. If you get caught, mad dash in there and kill or be killed! If you die, well, it's a video game. You can get better or try a different approach.

As for why you can't pick up a gun? Because video games are just systems of rules with a themed illusion painted over it. If you could pick up a gun, stealth, timing your attack, everything would have to be totally different. It'd become a shooter. You might say why not limit your shots... but then you feel inferior because enemy's have more powerful weapons than you do with unlimited ammo, and that shouldn't be. You're a vampire, you have all this strength and speed, why waste time reloading when you can jump, flip, and cut a foe in half? It's a video game thing.

Bad. Fucking. Game. Slippery movement, slow as fuck responses, shit controls(its 2016, use fucking WASD) putting two guys who can shoot through walls next to each other, etc. Fix your fucking game

I have to say, there's a lot I like about this game. I like the art style a lot, the sound design is pretty good stylistically, and layout is pretty nice. But I seriously cannot overlook how slippery the movements are. If it wasn't for that, I would be rating this a lot higher.

Went to the bridge level, fell down, stuck in the cave. Can't get over the wall. Chain doesn't seem to help. Don't know what to do.

RayBeckham responds:

Try jumping and using the chain to hook into the wall. It'll pull you into it and you can grab the ledge.

one of the best games i have ever played
when i started i thought it was just 1 world game
but after i kept going i was impressed that it had 3 worlds
and after that that there where easter eggs levels on easter eggs
i finished the game but got 12 keys and dont know where to find the 3 remaining
i think they are on the castles
soo what i did was glitch the game and used the chain to get over the level
and under that level there are the 3 rooms for heal lives and a dead man on a computer
(asuming thats you maybe)
but i cant get in the rooms i just stand on top of it

i really loved this game
goes to my favorites

RayBeckham responds:

You can kill yourself in the gem menu if you get stuck... Thanks for the review!