Reviews for "Sanguine 2"

All around great game.

Gameplay: Was fun and challenging at times. The bosses were especially difficult and it took me a few tries on most of them. The variety in enemies was great too. I wish the controls weren't as "floaty" as they are but I suppose it adds to the dark, magical feel of the game; so at least it is fitting.

Plot: Definitely lacking. The plot is the only reason I gave this game 4 stars instead of 5. This game could have really soared if the plot had been a bit more involved.

Replay value: I can definitely see myself playing this through one or two more times, which is saying a lot for a flash game. I certainly want to see if I can get those last two keys that I apparently missed!

Overall, I have to say I enjoyed it. Where is the first installment? I'm definitely curious to play it now that I've finished the second. Thanks a lot for this one seems like it probably took quite some time to complete.

RayBeckham responds:

You can find the first game on kongregate.

We're coming up on two years since I put out this game and i've grown to hate it. It suffers immensely from a lack of gameplay focus; you gotta learn how to abduct humans, smash monsters and chain grapple all at once. Many levels are poorly paced and the content is loose. Having three worlds was too ambitious and I feel like the death world exits and secret areas were too obscure while letting a player accidentally shoot themselves in the foot. The story is not-there and it leaves me wondering what kind of a story you all were expecting.

I'm stricken with guilt. I made games to try and share something with strangers and i've never thought enough of myself to realize that I could succeed. I never considered that I could have fans that I could let down or dissapoint, which makes this last entry sting so much worse. All these years of making flash games and I feel terrible to leave it on this kind of entry.

Everything is decent. The animation seems to flow smoothly enough, the vampire mechanics intriguing, and the story- from what I know of it- seems to hint at something more. However, I didn't have fun playing this. Why? The hook and chain is slow and limited, making platforming difficult. The buttons, as well, do not feel very comfortable. Having the ring finger on the jump button seems a little counter-intuitive to a platformer. And finally, the most grievous offense is the slippery nature of the player character's movements. These slippery controls make platforming unnecessarily hard and frustrating. To a platformer, this is the most damning, as precision jumps are the focus of them. The tightness of the controls is he thing that determines the enjoyment of a player, and I have to say, unfortunately, this game is ruined because of this one factor.

Dear Ray Beckham,congratulations.Sanguine 2 is an exceptional flash game, totally one of my fav flash game i've ever played.Don't mind the pessimists comments,there's more to see with Sanguine and I hope you'll go through creating a third game(and a bit more if possible) . Keep going. I enjoyed Sanguine and I (we) loved Sanguine 2.

Not too bad, good graphics and music. It jsut takes me awhile to get where I want to go and get the drop on victims. Neat game though.

this game is really interesting and has good gameplay , sprites , and music but its challenging at times but besides this game is really good :D