For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 65 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Sanguine 2"

Cleared the first area, got to the first village, then slipped and died to my death a dozen times in the first pit area and just... gave up. My patience for platformers that give you butter-legs and demand precision jumps over insta-death pits is gone by this point, because I know it's possible to prevent/fix the mistake.

The aesthetic is lovely and fluid, the premise is solid and enjoyable, but if that's what your gameplay is gonna be then I'm gonna pass.

My favorite thing about it was the pixelated graphics and the moon night background <3

you need to have a way to turn of the music dude

RayBeckham responds:

Added to the next update.

I'll add my two cents to the pile that says the controls are awful. Specifically:

The windup times of the chain and the attack, aside from the crouching knife, are way too long to time hits correctly.

The landing animation halts an air attack. It's frustrating when I want to land and attack something, only to realize I've jumped defenselessly into their attack instead.

The skidding effects from even the slightest motion make it difficult to go where you really want.

The wall hiking is buggy. I can't seem to consistently time it correctly.

Maybe make her stab the wall to hold your place when you press the jump key, instead of the delayed effect.

Grabbing ledges consistently is difficult. Why use the jump key for so many wall features (grab ledge, stop descent, and hike)? Maybe make ledge grabbing automatic.

It's frustrating that enemies who spot you can shoot through walls.

I know these are nitpicks, but I think this would be a great game otherwise. You've got an excellent aesthetic to work with, and I think these are problems that can not only be solved, but would vastly improve the experience.

fun game but controls are hard.