Reviews for "Sanguine 2"

Cool mechanics, nice graphics and music, large world to explore, but the controls are just so bad. The character moves are very floaty and make every jumping puzzle a nightmare. Also some of the rules in the game make no sense. Enemies can't see through solid walls, unless they spot you once, then they can see AND shoot though walls... what?

Lot of good stuff here but it needs more polish.

The controls aren't really good. They're somewhat stiff, very floaty, and way to delayed. Also, wall jumping would be a significant improvement as would integration of the mouse so that it controls more normally. If those improvements were made, the game would be far better.

Absolutely the most fun I've had on Newgrounds in years! Eleanor is a compelling character in that mute, understated way that SNES era characters could be at their best. The gameplay seems harsh at first, but, also like the 16-bit greats, it rewards persistence and practice. From the "look and feel" to the music to the deeply satisfying sense of accomplishment when you beat those hurdles, this is a game I wish I owned on a cartridge. I know I sound old, but if your complaints are about the opaqueness of the tutorials or the tiny margins for error in the controls, then I suspect you didn't grow up playing the games my generation did. If Sanguine 2 came out in '94 or '95, it would have been Nintendo Power's cover story and the top of my Christmas wishlist.

Two questions that aren't really critiques, though: I'm one key shy of the mystery door. Is there any way to know where the missing key lives (without googling)? And am I missing something, or does the "special" button do anything more than the taunt-like series of animations?

Really unpleasant to play. The controls have a really significant delay, movement is floaty once it starts, the mechanics for ledge grabs and wall jumps is incredibly imprecise and unexplained by the game, and on top of all that manual difficulty the game's incredibly unforgiving: You need blood to enhance your ability to jump and do stuff, but when you die you always respawn empty, and there's a lives system on top of that! I ran out of lives and ended up in an "underworld", and presumably I'd get to respawn if I made it out of here, but I just can't bring myself to bother. It's just too frustrating to play, unfortunately.

Great game, well made and with a great atmosphere and music. But the ice level is too hard! Combine the sometimes unresponsive controls with almost unkillable magic gargoyles and you get an unpassable first part! The difficulty in this stage is found in none of the other stages, it kills the gameplay and makes the playtime longer that usual.